UNDP Procurement Assistant (Paid Internship) 2024 in Kathmandu, Nepal
Under the guidance and supervision of the UNDP Procurement Associate Internship, the Procurement Assistant provides procurement services ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. S/he promotes a client-focused, quality, and results-oriented approach in the Unit.
The Procurement Assistant works in close collaboration with Operations, Programme and project teams in the Country Office and UNDP HQ and with vendors to exchange information and ensure consistent delivery of procurement services. UNDP adopts a portfolio approach to accommodate changing business needs and leverage linkages across interventions to achieve its strategic goals. Therefore, UNDP personnel are expected to work across units, functions, teams, and projects in multidisciplinary teams in order to enhance and enable horizontal collaboration.
Check: (Fully Funded) ADB Paid Internship Program 2024 at Asian Development Bank
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Implement sustainable procurement strategies and policies that are in alignment with principles of fairness, integrity and transparency to achieve best value for money.
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provide inputs to mapping CO procurement business processes in consultation with direct supervisor and office management.
2.Support procurement processes for CO, projects, and other UN Agencies.
- Provide inputs for preparation of procurement plans for the country office and projects.
- Support preparation of RFQ, ITB or RFP documents, and receive and conduct preliminary evaluation of quotations, bids or proposals.
- Timely corrective actions on POs with funds status failed and other problems.
- Prepare submissions for internal procurement review committees (CAP, RACP and ACP).
- Preparation of cost-recovery bills for the procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Assist in implementation of joint procurement processes for the UN Agencies.
- Assist in providing orientation to clients about UNDP procurement.
3.Contribute to implementation of sourcing strategies to find best values in the marketplace.
- Update rosters of suppliers.
- Establish Long Terms Agreements, as appropriate.
- Support in providing orientation and briefing to prospective vendors/suppliers.
- Brings in innovative ways of working within the ongoing dynamic environment.
4.Support procurement knowledge building and knowledge sharing in CO.
- Example of Duties: Participate in procurement training for operations and project staff.
- Make sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Show learning attitude for the ERP used by UNDP and work in a problem solving approach.
5.Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Sensitivity
- The incumbent will ensure that Gender and Social inclusion perspective in ensured while undertaking any procurement activity.
- Promote work life balance, prevention of sexual harassment and abuse of authority, ensure gender equality and respect for diversity.
The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the Office and the Organization.
Also Check: UNDP (Paid Internship) Team Leader Inclusive Growth and Human Development in Tunisia
Required Skills and Experience of UNDP Procurement Assistant Internship
- Secondary education is required.
- A university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or equivalent will be given due consideration, but it is not a requirement.
- CIPS level 2 is a requirement for this position. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within one year.
- Minimum of 5 years (with high school diploma) or 2 years (with bachelor’s degree) of relevant progressively responsible administrative experience in procurement is required at the national or and international level.
- Proven experience of supporting complex and high value procurements.
- Experience of Contract Management.
- Completion of CIPs training will be an added advantage.
- Experience in the use of computers, office software (MS Word, Excel, etc.), database packages, and web- based management systems such as ERP.
- Fluency in (written and spoken) of English and Nepali is required.
It might catch your attention to investigate: 2024 Internship at the OECD Trento Centre for Local Development