Internship for Humanitarian Field Support Section, Office of Emergency Programmes (EMOPS), New York, USA. The Humanitarian Field Support Section (HFSS) in the Office of Emergency Programmes (EMOPS) of UNICEF invites candidates to apply for the internships in the United States Office. The incumbent will work with the geographic desks in HFSS to support UNICEF’s humanitarian response across the regions. In addition to working with the HFSS team, the intern will also work with HQ inter-divisional focal points, inter-agency partners, regional emergency staff and other field colleagues.
The intern will be responsible for
- Monitoring closely the political and humanitarian developments in assigned countries as well as providing inputs to HFSS desks for timely, analytical and forward-looking assessments.
- Analyzing as well as reviewing emergency preparedness in a defined allocation of countries, supporting UNICEF responses in complex emergencies and natural disasters.
- Attending and providing readouts from inter-agency meetings on specific countries / thematic issues as well as from Security Council sessions.
- Review of working papers and reports (including UNICEF situation reports) for accuracy and clarity.
- Supporting HFSS desks in preparing for meetings with the Office of the Executive Director, Emergency Director, etc.
- Furthermore, performing other duties as might be assigned by staff concerned and/or by the Chief of Section.
Candidates must have the following qualifications in order to participate in this internship position at UNICEF in the United States
- Must have enrollment in an undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. degree program or have graduated within the past two years.
- Must have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
- No immediate relatives (e.g. father, mother, brother, sister) should be working in any UNICEF office.
- Have no other relatives in the line of authority to which the candidate would be reporting.
- Fluency in English is necessary.
- Furthermore, knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
Follow this link to know more about this UNICEF Internship in the United States.