UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights and also, to help them fulfill their potential. Further, Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. To contribute more, Applications are open for UNICEF paid internship 2019. Furthermore, UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Specific Activities for the UNICEF paid internship:
- Working with the section, the intern will provide support to the following:
- Firstly, Review the global practices related to the three-star approach including lessons applicable to Bangladesh to be included in PEDP4;
- Secondly, Review the plans for implementation of the three-star approach and update based on current needs
- Also, Support the development of an operational plan, ensuring strong equity, climate resilience/DRR components;
- Support the development of specific content for the rollout of the three-star approach – training modules, workshop content (PPTs, briefs, etc); and,
- Most importantly, Attending meetings on the development of MHM strategy when necessary.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- social sciences
- Disaster Management
- Climate Change/Social Science,
- and Sanitation and Hygiene.
Benefit from UNICEF paid internship 2019:
- The internship will provide a stipend of BDT35,000 (USD420) per month.
- Remuneration for 8-10 days of travel outside of Dhaka.
- Not to miss, the experience and also, future opportunities from UNICEF paid internship.
Bachelor’s in the social sciences with emphasis or courses in Education, Disaster Management and Climate Change/Social Science, and/or Sanitation and Hygiene.
- Familiarity or working experience in preparing an operational plan to address any emerging issues.
- Knowledge of global practices for mitigating the impact of climate change and also, environmental degradation on students and educational institution.
- Familiarity with the 3-Star approach in WASH in School will be an asset.
- Awareness about equity (gender, inclusiveness, and disability) focused programming and its implementation approach.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Lastly, Excellent command of the English language
- Further information in the official site.