Unlocking Opportunities: UNDP National Project Manager Paid Internship Program 2024
The UNDP National Project Manager Internship will ensure national ownership of the programme equality convenient for national and local government counterparts. The NPM will liaise with National Project Director (NPD), national institutions and local administrations involved in the programme to guarantee their active participation. All the staffs of the SWAPNO-IP project will directly report to this post.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following section describe the functions under each of these categories with expected results:
- Direct and manage the complex project operations and ensure achievement of the programme results and outputs:
- Facilitate the day-to-day functioning of the programme team, Manage the Human and Financial resources, in consultation with management, for achieving results in line with the outputs and activities outlined in the programme document.
- Manage the financial resources with accountability to the programme Board and UNDP’s management for achieving results in line with the outputs and activities outlined in the programme document.
- Ensure an enabling working environment for all staff so that no workplace harassment, sexual harassment or abuse of authority take place.
2. Policy and Programme Oversight and Delivery:
- As National Project Manager and as surge support, will play advisory role on Programme Implementation and Management Team. S/he will liaise with national institutions and local administrations involved in the programme to guarantee their active participation.
- Promote convergence between the different development interventions in the relevant area and also with the work of the different development agencies.
- Maintain continuous strategic relationship with relevant government counterpart and various government institutions for project success.
3. Build new partnerships and increase mobilization:
- Lead and facilitate the preparatory work on the follow-on phase that includes undertaking different assessments, consultation with different stakeholders. Implementation of the annual results-based work plans and result frameworks in close consultation with the Components, national/international experts and relevant UNDP sub-cluster.
- Prepare proposals for mobilization of human, technical or financial resources from international development organizations and the private sector.
- Plan, strategize and manage the scaling up the project to a national level with closer guidance from NPD and coordination of UNDP.
4. Knowledge Services:
- Lead and manage the inputs of the consultants and national/international advisers and undertake knowledge capture at national, regional and global levels in the subject area and the production of knowledge-based products.
- Ensure the project results are captured and recorded in knowledge products to communicate project results and impact.
The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the Office and the Organization
Check: (Fully Funded) ADB Paid Internship Program 2024 at Asian Development Bank
Required Skills and Experience of National Project Manager Internship
- Advanced university degree (Master´s Degree or equivalent) in Economics/Public Administration/Social Science or any other relevant discipline is required, from a recognized University will be preferred, or
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor´s degree) in Economics/Public Administration/Social Science or any other relevant discipline from a recognized University in combination with additional 2 years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of Master´s degree.
- Minimum 5 years (with master’s degree) or 7 years (with Bachelor´s degree) of relevant working experience in the development sector and key management positions of Government/Donor funded Social Safety net/Poverty reduction project/s.
- Strong analytical, communicational and writing skills.
- Strong ability to effectively interact with technical and non-technical end users in a pleasant, cooperative, and helpful manner.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work independently.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and apply general technical instructions and procedures.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Remain calm, controlled and good humored even under pressure.
- Develop network skills with different levels.
- Has deep knowledge on project management, social and poverty research and M&E;
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside development sector/partners.
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in implementing GOB led social protection/livelihood development, rural development, food security projects.
- Demonstrable knowledge in fund raising from Private Sector, Government and Bi-lateral Agencies.
- Experience in web based management system/ERP
- Excellent knowledge in capacity development materials preparation and facilitation for policy makers, government officials and local government representatives
- Demonstrable knowledge on social protection, rural development, gender mainstreaming, food security, livelihood.
You might find it worthwhile to investigate: Internship Opportunity: Join as a Communication Intern at UNDP