WDAV Classical Public Radio is seeking a qualified student who wants to learn the ins and outs of non-profit work.
- The WDAV Radio Experience Summer Intern will receive hands-on experience in various areas of station operations, including:
- digital media
- possibility of including some special projects related to K-12 education and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- an opportunity to explore both the “back office” and community relations aspects of non-profit work, specifically as it relates to classical music/public media.
- Training in all relevant work areas will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the Programming calendar
- Creating SoundExchange Reporting
- Updating playlists for our Concierto program using Joomla
- Posting content to the Concierto social media platforms
- Creating, editing, and submitting new content for WDAV’s blog “Of Note”
- Creating, editing, and submitting content for the weekly e-news
- Attending bi-weekly DEI Taskforce Meetings and other meetings as assigned
- Learning how to effectively use social media for business
- Data management and analytics
- Conducting research/reporting findings
- Remote and/or in-person planning of programs and events\
The ideal candidate:
- Is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Loves learning
- Demonstrates an interest in non-profit work
- Also, is an effective writer with a pleasing/readable style
- Should be comfortable with prioritizing projects and tasks
- Demonstrates efficiency in their work
- Looks for creative solutions to problems/issues
- Can transition easily between highly varied tasks and projects
- In addition, is extremely reliable and pays attention to detail
- Can work independently/remotely with minimal supervision
- Is a social media user
- Is an excellent interpersonal communicator
- Moreover, is interested in classical music, public media, and/or broadcasting
- Office as well as remote work.
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Moreover, this position may require evening and weekend work depending on the events scheduled.
- an online application at httpS://employment.davidson.edu
- a current resume
- Also, cover letter
- Writing Sample #1 – A sample blog post that mimics the style of WDAV’s blog “Of Note” – 500 or fewer words
- In addition, Writing Sample #2 – A sample social media post with one photograph and fewer than 200 characters