Sue Palminteri WildTech Reporting Fellowship is an excellent opportunity for journalists to apply their skills to write stories about conservation technology-related research at Mongabay.
Mongabay is a nonprofit environmental science and conservation news platform focused on providing cutting-edge independent journalism from nature’s frontline.
Over the course of the part-time, six-month program, the WildTech Reporting Fellow will:
- Publishing experience in a high-profile news outlet
- Learning about journalistic programs as well as processes at Mongabay
- Also, becoming part of a community of passionate and talented writers
- Coaching and support
- Developing writing skills
- In addition, Developing interviewing skills
- Resume building
- Mongabay letters of reference as well as personal recommendations
- Moreover, receive a $5,000 honorarium for the duration of the program.
What will you do?
- Our WildTech Reporting Fellow will be writing roughly six news stories and six interviews on a variety of conservation technology topics
- Topics will be assigned by one of its editors.
- Also, the Mongabay fellow will work closely with Mongabay journalists, receiving guidance and feedback on their stories before publication.
Applicants are required to submit a:
- Also, the Cover letter
- Writing sample from a journal entry or blog article (600 words max.)
- In addition, An additional writing sample of your own (Optional)