World Food Programme (WFP) invites applicants for a paid PD Summer Internship Programme 2020 in the Smallholder Agricultural Market Support (SAMS). The duty station will be in Social Protection Unit, Regional Bureau Dakar (RBD) in Dakar, the capital city of Senegal.
The PD Summer Intern will be performing the following duties under the direct supervision of the SAMS Coordinator of the unit
- Working closely with RBD Country Offices, especially the SAMS focal points, to provide support in the implementation of SAMS action plans and helping to capture evidence and best practices
- Similarly, working closely with country offices to prepare inputs for RBD monthly update on SAMS activities progress in RBD Country Offices
- Assisting the SAMS coordinator in updated SAMS intervention mapping including South-South cooperation and post-harvest losses reduction initiatives.
- Furthermore, performing other tasks as assigned.
The ideal incumbent of WFP Summer Internship Program 2020 will have the following requirements
- Current enrollment in a master’s degree program OR a recent graduate of a master’s degree (graduated within the last 6 months)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook).
- Similarly, good knowledge of issues related to food security and nutrition, value chain and linking smallholder farmers to market.
- Furthermore, excellent English and French verbal and writing skills.
The candidate will gain the following things from the WFP Summer Internship Program 2020 in Senegal
- Good Knowledge of WFP Smallholder Agricultural Market Support Programmes in West Africa.
- Understanding of good practices on food security and nutrition, value chain, linking smallholder farmers to market across the organization.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships with team members and staff within the Regional/Country Office.
- General understanding of WFP overall operations.
WFP Summer Internship Program 2020 in Senegal is a paid internship. World Food Programme provides a stipend of approximately USD US$ 790 per month to inter as a contribution towards basic subsistence costs. In addition to that, WFP will reimburse travel tickets for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.