Applications are invited for the World Bank Legal Internship Program – Spring 2023. The World Bank Legal Internship Programme allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest research experiences into the World Bank’s daily operations and improve their legal skills while working in a multicultural environment.
The objective of the programme is to provide you first-hand experiences of the day-to-day operations of the World Bank by closely collaborating with staff in the Legal Vice Presidency. As part of their team, working directly with outstanding and inspiring development professionals and senior management, you will get the chance to contribute to the legal services offered by the Legal Vice Presidency as well as participate in high-profile events and conferences organized during the term of your internship.
Responsibilities of World Bank Legal Internship
Interns will likely be involved in a plethora of tasks, as they arise during the term of the Internship Programme, such as:
- Conducting a variety of legal assignments under the direction of the supervising lawyer(s).
- Conducting research on assigned issues, using existing law files and alternative sources (e.g., computer-assisted searches using the internet, intranet and/or other databases), analyzing information, and summarizing findings.
- Conducting comparative legal analyses on a range of issues in a given area, identifying legal and policy issues, researching relevant precedents, and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Participating in task/project teams with the supervising lawyer(s).
- Assisting in the preparation and organization of conferences and meetings.
- Performing ad hoc assignments as requested by the supervising lawyer(s).
Cost of World Bank Legal Internship
- The World Bank shall not remunerate participants of the World Bank Legal Internship Program in the form of monetary fees/compensation. Each World Bank Legal Intern must however be remunerated in accordance with World Bank Group policies and standards in the form of (i) monetary fees/compensation paid by the university or other sponsoring organization and acceptable to the Bank; or (ii) academic credit equivalent to the Bank’s fee schedule. Hence, students partaking in the World Bank Legal Internship Programme must secure appropriate funding sources for the duration of their internships.
- Applicants should hold citizenship of any IBRD member state;
- Be enrolled in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent legal academic program while you would be undertaking your internship (e.g. if you apply for the Summer Cycle of LIP, you must be enrolled in an eligible legal academic programme between June and August)
- Have an excellent command of the English language.
Application of World Bank Legal Internship
To apply, submit the documents below through this link:
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of enrollment in a law degree (LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent) and academic transcript(s).
- Short essay providing a response to a research question posed by the Legal Vice Presidency for the prevailing application period.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.