Are you a citizen of the United Kingdom? Apply now to become a ONE Youth Ambassador 2022. ONE has a network of Global Activists – in Africa, the United States, Europe, and Canada – fighting against extreme poverty and preventable diseases. In the UK, the ONE Youth Ambassador program – a one-year volunteer program – is looking for passionate activists to join them for 2022.
Being a Youth Ambassador will typically take a few hours of your time a week. You’ll carry out a variety of creative and impactful actions in support of their campaigning and advocacy work, such as meeting with your MPs, organizing local events, or attending online conferences.
The volunteer program will run throughout 2022, and each Youth Ambassador will receive training, access to high-profile events, in-depth policy briefings, campaigning opportunities, as well as dedicated support from ONE’s campaigns team.
This role is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to become more engaged in international development or who wants to develop their skills in bringing about change. Join others and be part of their network of inspiring young activists across the UK fighting for change and a better world.
Responsibilities of ONE Youth Ambassador
Youth Ambassadors will have access to a range of campaign and advocacy tools and activities and will receive support to design and develop their own action plans with the ONE team. They will be expected to deliver a range of actions, including but not limited to:
- Online and in-person meetings with decision-makers and other relevant targets.
- Attending online and offline events including training, conferences, and debates.
- Using social media to raise awareness and inspire change.
- Coordinating and delivering local events & presentations.
- Writing letters to newspapers and possibly appearing on the radio or TV.
- Encouraging their communities and the broader UK public to take online and in-person campaign actions.
Benefits From ONE Youth Ambassador Program
- Being part of a group of 65 UK Youth Ambassadors and a Global Activists network of over 1,000 people (from Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, the United States, Canada, Italy, Belgium, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany, and France).
- Moreover, A written confirmation of service and certificate on completion of the program to add to your CV.
- As well, Professional training and practical skills development in the UK Parliament, campaigning for change, media, social media, and policy.
- Additionally, The opportunity to attend exciting events.
- Opportunities to engage with MPs, policy-makers, and people in positions of power.
- Lastly, Reimbursement of reasonable expenses when representing ONE and taking part in ONE organized activity.
Eligibility Required to be ONE Youth Ambassador
- Applicant should have passion for ONE’s mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease, with an interest in international issues;
- Attendance at a program induction and training around February/March 2022;
- Moreover, Willingness to attend monthly meetings (online and/or offline) and participate in social media actions;
- And, Great communication and teamwork skills;
- Additionally, Ability to build and maintain relationships;
- Ability to encourage and support others to take part in ONE campaign;
- Additionally, Ability to develop strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize own workload efficiently;
- Lastly, Verbal and written proficiency in English.
Before you apply, read the Youth Ambassadors information sheet for further information about the program.
To apply, complete and submit the form. If you are living outside of the UK for the majority of 2022, unfortunately, they won’t be able to accept your application.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.