The Google News Initiative Newsroom Leadership Program aims to enhance the leadership skills and nimble decision-making capacity of emerging newsroom leaders. Further, in the Asia-Pacific region, with particular focus on applied technology, audience-centric behaviors, design thinking, data applications, understanding business models and editorial innovation.
Moreover, Fellows will gain skills and knowledge to make better strategic decisions for their newsrooms. Also, audiences. Additionally, Each Fellow will also work on a specific project during the year. That is relevant to their newsroom within the main fellowship topics:
- monetization, and
The program emphasizes:
- Building a practical understanding of how news companies around the world —large and small, legacy and also, start-up—actually operate as businesses, and how technology has revolutionized what it means to be a news publisher.
- Developing a framework for evaluating the costs and benefits of introducing technology-driven changes into workflows and resourcing, and also, how to create and manage a plan for change management within the organization.
- Leveraging data and the latest technology to create compelling content and understand audiences, while thinking about publishing “products” when putting together journalism packages.
- Many More
- Visa fees
- completed Google Form with personal details
- One professional goals essay
- One letter of recommendation from a current colleague or manager. who can speak to the applicant’s current role, professional achievements and capabilities,
- A letter of endorsement from the applicant’s employer, including one signed by at least two members of senior management. Further, from different departments (editorial, business, product) in the news organization, attesting to allowing paid leave for the applicant to participate in the four-week on-site components of the program and endorsement of the individual project area/ issue that the applicant will work on for the duration of the fellowship.
- Articulation of the individual project that you want to focus on during the year.
- be submitted by the applicant in a Google Document by June 26, 2019.
- Late or incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
- The application process will be fully managed by the Google News Initiative with its curated vetting partner institutions based in the Asia-Pacific region.
- The program is free of charge for successful applicants. Travel, lodging, meals, and visa fees will also be paid for by the Google News Initiative.