The Council of Europe invites European candidates to take part in the 2020 edition of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities’ “Rejuvenating politics” initiative (38th and 39th sessions and project preparation). This Fully Funded Youth Delegate Program 2020 is going to held in France.
Aim of the Program
The fully Funded Youth Delegelete Program which is going to held in France has the following objectives
- Involving young people directly in all aspects of Congress’ work.
- Making young people aware of Congress’ work and the tools it has developed to support youth participation.
- Discussing with young people how local and regional youth participation can be boosted.
- Bringing the youth perspective to all thematic debates within Congress.
Motivating the youth delegates to multiply the information and experience acquired during the sessions on their return home in particular through the development and implementation of their own projects at local and regional levels.
- Sharing information about existing models of youth-led structures and motivate young people to spread the word about Congress’ work.
- Promoting co-operation between members of the Congress and youth delegates.
- Showing national delegations the importance of officially including more young people as members.
The program will run for two sessions and the applicants must be ready to participate in both sessions. Involvement in only one session is not applicable.
- Session 1 runs from 15 March (18.00) until the debriefing session on 19 March (17.00)
- Session 2 runs from 25 October (18.00) until the debriefing session on 29 October (17.00).
The applicants must have the following advantages and qualifications
- Open, committed and motivated to develop and strengthen dialogue between young people and elected representatives at the local/regional level.
- Between 18 and 30 years old and must hold the passport of, and live in, the country they will represent.
- Active involvement in youth work at local and regional levels.
- Must be available to engage in the whole of the activity including the preparation of grass-roots projects.
- Should have an interest in actively participating in policy-making at local and/or regional levels but not be an elected representative.
- Ability to multiply the information obtained during the session on their return home.
- Good writing as well as public speaking skills.
- Commitment to working in an intercultural team.
- Must not have participated in the initiative previously.
- Ability to speak English fluently.
In order to apply for the position, candidates must fill the online application which is available on the official website. In addition to the application, applicants must also submit a short video, via YouTube, of no more than 30 seconds, to support their application. The link to the video (title should contain only the applicant’s name and country) should be sent together with the application. Please note that candidates should not present themselves on the video but answer the question that has been put. This is an integral part of the application.
Please visit the official website for more information.