Edison Engineering Development Program is for those with a passion for technology, a drive for technical excellence, and a share of GE’s core values. Basically, the program accelerates participants’ professional and technical development within GE’s Advance Courses in Engineering and a variety of business-critical engineering assignments. Furthermore, Edison graduates have the technical and business foundation to proactively and continually make innovative contributions to GE’s future.
Experience across the engineering spectrum including engineering hardware design, controls, validation testing, materials, power electronics, software and so much more:
- Entry level engineering development program
- 3-4 x 6-12 months rotations
- In person and virtual leadership, technology, and business acumen training
- Rotations: Candidates will have the opportunity to complete 3-4 rotations within the Engineering function of the business across 2-3 years. Assignments range across the engineering spectrum including hardware development and design, testing, and software. GE’s Edison Engineering rotations and assignments use technology to solve the world’s problems, have high-value impact, and offer multiple opportunities for exposure to the technical and business leaders in the company.
- Community: With Edison Engineering Development Program in over 12 countries and 60 locations, candidates will join a globally diverse community of early-career engineers as well as a community comprised of all of GE’s development and leadership programs. The relationships you develop on program are the start of you professional network, and some will become friends for life.
- Development: Edison Engineers are provided exceptional technical training via GE experts in GE’s Advanced Courses in Engineers to apply their engineering knowledge to GE’s real-world problems. In addition, where available, Edison Engineers are offered the option to pursue a GE-funded Master degree, in addition to training in leadership, advanced technology and design methodology.
GE’s Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP) offers exceptional experiences to begin a career in engineering and product design. Gain professional development through intense technical training and a variety of business-critical assignments to make innovative contributions.
General Electric Company (GE) is an American multinational conglomerate company. As of 2018, the company operates through the following segments: aviation, healthcare, power, renewable energy, digital industry, additive manufacturing, venture capital and finance, and lighting