Save the Children, a global humanitarian and development organization, is seeking a Legal Skilled Volunteer to work in the Office of the General Counsel at Fairfield, United States of America. This position provides an excellent opportunity for exposure to legal issues affecting the nonprofit sector, as well as legal issues related to international development and humanitarian assistance, and to the work of an in-house legal department, while contributing to Save the Children’s programs in the United States and around the world.
Legal Volunteer at Save the Children will do the following duties
- Review solicitations.
- Review non-disclosure agreements and other documents as requested.
- Conduct research on topics such as international data breach laws, international fundraising, FERPA compliance, state fundraising laws.
To apply for this Legal Volunteer position at Save the Children, candidates must have the following capacity
- Juris Doctorate
- Experience reviewing various types of contracts
- Possess strong written skills, solid interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team
Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and multi-task within deadlines
- Able to handle confidential and proprietary information appropriately and with discretion
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Please attach resume and cover letter to your application
- Meaningful work under the direct supervision of an experienced Save the Children staff member.
- Highly collaborative and innovative teams.
- Networking program with managers across the organization.
- Flexible schedule.
- A family friendly work environment.
- The knowledge that the work you are supporting is changing the lives of children all around the world.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here