Applications are open for the 2021 German Chancellor Fellowship- Full Scholarship. The fellowship is open to specific nationalities and the deadline is 15th October 2021.
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation’s German Chancellor Fellowship Programme is targeted at university graduates from Brazil, the People’s Republic of China, India, the Russian Federation, South Africa, and the USA who have an international outlook and initial leadership experience. It addresses prospective decision-makers, multipliers, and thought leaders from a broad range of professional fields such as politics, public administration, and business as well as society and culture.
This fellowship program is intended to give them the opportunity to spend a year in Germany exploring new solutions to the global issues of our times and widening their networks. With this program, Germany once again presents itself as a destination of choice for intercultural dialogue and as a meeting place for the international leaders of tomorrow. This fellowship program is under the patronage of the Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany and is financed by the Federal Foreign Office.
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation grants up to 60 German Chancellor Fellowships every year – up to ten of which go to prospective leaders from each of the six countries mentioned above. Potential candidates who are interested in studying or training in Germany should apply for the programs offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) or other funding organizations. Postdoctoral scientists and scholars planning an academic research project should apply for the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation’s Humboldt Research Fellowship Programme.
Benefits of 2021 German Chancellor Fellowship
- Lump-sum for the fellow’s travel expenses if the costs are not borne by a third party.
- Family allowances for accompanying family members staying at least three months (up to 346 EUR a month for marital partners and up to 289 EUR a month per child).
- For single-parents: flat-rate allowances for accompanying children under the age of 18 for stays of at least three months (400 EUR a month for the first child and 100 EUR a month for every additional child).
- A subsidy towards research costs to be paid to the hosts in Germany amounting to 500 EUR per month.
- Europe allowance for a stay at an institute in another European country (though not the fellow’s own country); for one to two months during the course of the fellowship if necessary to ensure the success of the project.
- Extensive alumni sponsorship after the stay in Germany has been completed successfully, in particular, to promote networking with cooperation partners in Germany during the further professional career of the alumni.
- The fellowship grant amounts to 2,170 EUR, 2,470 EUR, or 2,770 EUR per month, depending on the applicant’s qualifications and professional experience.
Eligibility for 2021 German Chancellor Fellowship
- Bachelor’s or comparable academic degree completed no more than twelve years ago. The key date for calculating this twelve-year period is 1 October of the year in which the selection is made.
- Initial proven leadership experience. Applicants with a predominantly academic background should have acquired initial leadership experience in addition to their own research activity.
- English and/or German language skills.
- A letter of motivation.
- A project plan; candidates must independently draw up a project plan for a twelve-month stay in Germany and agree to this plan with their intended host before applying.
- A detailed statement, including a confirmation of research facilities and mentoring agreement, from a host in Germany.
- Two references by individuals qualified to comment on the candidate’s professional, personal, and/or academic background.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!