Apply for AAUW International Fellowships for Women 2022 in USA. This scholarship is provided by American Association Of University Women (AAUW).
The program provides support for women pursuing full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the United States to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents, and who intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career.
A limited number of awards are available for study outside of the U.S. (excluding the applicant’s home country) to women who are members of Graduate Women International. Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions are supported.
Value of Scholarship
International Fellowship funds are available for:
- Educational expenses.
- Living expenses.
- Dependent child care.
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences or seminars that does not exceed 10% of the fellowship total.
Eligibility of Scholarship
- International Fellowships are not open to previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant
- Members of the AAUW are not eligible to apply for AAUW’s fellowships and grants.
- A person holding a current award is eligible for election
- open to scholars who identify as women, in all fields of study at an accredited institution of higher education or, for postdoctoral fellows, research.
- However, AAUW will make final decisions about what constitutes eligible institutions.
- Unsuccessful applicants may reapply.
To be eligible for an International Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year
- a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
- Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2021.
- Intend to devote themself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career and upon completion of their studies.
- Be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting one of the Required Components
- Applicants planning to take one of the accepted English proficiency exams should plan for and take the test as early as possible.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by November 15, 2021, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application.
- While acceptance is not required at the time of application, fellows must provide official confirmation from the institution with their award acceptance materials.
- Doctoral fellowships are intended for doctorate degrees classified as research degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed.D.
- Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
- Applicants can apply for the fellowship for any year of their program, but must be conducting a full year of study or research.
- Programs ending prior to April of the fellowship year are not eligible.
The deadline to submit the application is November 15, 2022.
Moreover, visit the official website (link found below) for more details.
Applications and submission of supporting documents should be done online.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.
Join Our TELEGRAM For More Opportunities !!