Applications are open for the Amy Lowell Poetry Traveling Scholarship 2023-2024. The American poet Amy Lowell died in 1925. Her will established an annual scholarship to support travel abroad for gifted American-born poets.
The scholarship is administered by the Trustees under her will, at the law firm of Choate, Hall & Stewart in Boston, Massachusetts. The Trustees welcome applicants from all ethnic backgrounds to apply, as they strive to support and encourage a diverse group of poets.
Benefits from Poetry Traveling Scholarship
- The 2023-2024 Scholarship award will be approximately $66,500, adjusted for inflation. If there are two winners, each will receive the full amount. This is a poetry contest. The money won is generally spent on travel and living expenses.
Eligibility for Poetry Traveling Scholarship
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States by virtue either of birth within the United States or of birth outside the United States to a U.S. citizen parent.
- Any poet of American birth who is able and willing to spend one year outside the continent of North America.
- There is no age requirement, and there is no requirement that applicants be enrolled in a university or other education programme.
- While many recent winners have been published poets, there is no requirement that applicants have previously published their work.
Application of Poetry Traveling Scholarship
In order to apply, mail to:
Charles A. Cheever and William A. Lowell
Trustees under the Will of Amy Lowell
Choate, Hall & Stewart, LLP
2 International Place
Boston, MA 02110
- Two copies of the completed application. You may also, but need not, submit a 2 to 3 page curriculum vitae (again, two copies).
- A sample of your poetry, consisting of either
- up to 40 typed pages (two copies) or
- two copies of a printed volume of your poetry and two copies of no more than 20 additional typed pages.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.