Applications are open for the ASEAN India Research Training Fellowship. India has been the dialogue partner for ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nations) since 1992. As such the Government of India in association with ASEAN has established AISTDF fund to support R&D projects and associated project development activities. Moreover, the fund supports and facilitates mobility among young talented researchers to work at any of the Indian research/academic Institution.
Further, the ASEAN India Research Training Fellowship scheme aims to meet the following objectives:
- To promote the mobility of scientists and researchers from the ASEAN-Member Countries to India and provide them the opportunity to work at Indian R&D/ academic institutions to upgrade their research skills and expertise.
- To facilitate the exchange of information and contacts between the scientists and researchers of India and ASEAN Countries and create a network for building research collaborations.
As a spin-off, the Fellowship awardees may also have the opportunity to get co-supervisors from India for their research projects for Ph.D. or Masters degree on their return to their home countries.
Fully Funded ASEAN India Research Training Fellowship
The candidates successful to receive the fully funded ASEAN India Research Training Fellowship will receive:
- All international travel-related expenses ie round trip international airfare by excursion/ economy class.
- A consolidated Fellowship amount of Indian Rupees (INR) 50,000 per month (non-taxable) for accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous.
- A one-time grant of INR 40,000/- for 6 months period for research contingency expenses, airport transfers, domestic travel (by road) for attending scientific /events and field-trips within India, and Institutional overhead charges @ Rs. 2,500/- per month.
Who is eligible for the ASEAN India Research Fellowship Program?
Applicants of the ASEAN Member State are eligible for the India Research Fellowship if they meet the following requirements:
- Possess at least a Masters Degree in any Natural Sciences or an equivalent degree in Technology / Engineering / Medicine / allied disciplines.
- Applicant should be working/studying and/or affiliated to any national R&D or academic institution in his/ her home ASEAN Member country. Further, the Head of his/ her institution must endorse the application confirming that if selected, the applicant will have sanctioned leave for the Fellowship period and will resume duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India.
- The upper age limit for the applicant is 45 years as on date of submission of application.
- However, applicants who have already availed Research Training Fellowship(RTF) are not eligible to apply again.
- Nor Indian nationals are not eligible for the Fellowship.
- Fluency in the English language
- Applicants who have availed any fellowship scheme of Govt of India during the last 5 years are not ELIGIBLE to apply.
How to apply for the ASEAN India Research Training Fellowship?
To apply for the fellowship, the candidates must, at first, register at the ASEAN Online Portal. Next, the candidates will require to complete their profile which includes Bio-data, Photo, Institute Address, etc. Further, the candidates must also provide:
- C.V. of Applicant
- C.V. of Indian host
- Copy of relevant pages of valid Passport
- A copy of the endorsement letter from present employer in the prescribed format
- A copy of the consent letter from any Indian scientist/ institution for hosting the applicant, if selected
The deadline to apply for the Research Training Fellowship in India is on 31 December 2019.