Applications for the AstraZeneca Young Health Program Impact Fellowship 2023 are now open. This year, AstraZeneca is going beyond Scholarships to power and deliver a unique YHP Impact Fellowship that provides development opportunities, access to networks, and funding to help the most impactful young health leaders to help them create even more positive change.
By collaborating with One Young World, these inspiring young leaders will attend the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast, UK and receive a US $10,000 grant to contribute to a specific project within their eligible non-profit organisation. This grant will assist in the development and delivery of effective health promotion programmes, with an emphasis on under-resourced and marginalised communities in low- and middle-income countries. They believe that access to networks, development, and funding will lead to a global health movement led by, and for, young people.
Benefits from Health Program Impact Fellowship
Fellows will receive:
- Firstly, Full delegate access to the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast, United Kingdom, from 2 – 5 October 2023.
- Return air travel from your home country to Belfast (flights in economy only). Flights will be arranged by the OYW delegate services team.
- Moreover, Hotel accommodation in Belfast checking in on October 1 and checking out on October 6. Hotel accommodation will be arranged by the OYW delegate services team.
- Catering which includes:
- Dinner on 2 October.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner from October 3 to 5.
- Breakfast on October 6.
- A per diem of up to £48 per day spent travelling to Belfast and on the ‘pre’ and ‘post’ Summit days of 1, 2, and 6 October.
- Reimbursement of the UK visitor visa application fee of £105 (if applicable)
- Return transfer from airport to hotel via public transport
- Access to the AstraZeneca Young Health Programme Scholarship’s pre-programme on October 2.
- Access to AstraZeneca’s YHP Impact Fellowship. The Fellowship will provide a combination of live and self-taught learning and development opportunities throughout the year to help Scholars scale their impact. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Access to the One Young World Academy for 1 year. The OYW Academy is an online learning experience, helping young leaders tackle some of the biggest challenges facing our world by learning from world-renowned subject matter experts and gaining tools.
- Participation in an award-winning online mini-MBA programme, complete with a University accreditation and 12-months of material access.
- Learning and development opportunities related to NCD prevention and professional skills.
- A $10,000 USD grant to support the delivery of a 6-12 month NCD prevention focused project. Receipt of the grant is subject to the scholar’s organisation passing due diligence and verification checks completed by Charities Aid Foundation (CAF), and will be deposited into the eligible organisation’s bank account following the Summit
- Invitation to join the YHP Alumni Group and network with other young health leaders from around the world, after attending the OYW Summit
Eligibility for Health Program Impact Fellowship
- Firstly, Applicant should be aged 18 – 30.
- Secondly, Nationals of all non-sanctioned countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Thirdly, Applicants must demonstrate positive impact related to tackling non-communicable-diseaseas among youth.
- Access to internet and a device (computer, phone) that will allow them to participate in live, online Fellowship sessions – this will not be provided to Fellows.
- Applicants must be founders or leaders of registered non-profit organisations that meet the following criteria:
- Have been registered and operational for at least 3 full years.
- Have had total reported income in the last financial year of more than USD$50,000 and less than USD$1,000,000.
- Are ‘funding-ready’ and able to provide appropriate documentation (in English) to AstraZeneca’s grant-making partner at the Charities Aid Foundation to verify their organisation’s charitable status, governance and financial situation. This process usually takes 3-6 months to complete and will begin once Fellows are selected. If the required documentation is not available, it may impact the ability of the organisation to receive the grant and Fellowship may be withdrawn. They aim for all grants to be dispersed by October 2023, and projects to start between October 2023 and April 2024. All projects must end by December 2024.
- Operate in under-resourced communities. These are likely to be in low-income or lower-middle income countries or settings.
- Applicants must be able to propose a 6-12 month project that:
- Empowers young people (aged 12-24) to manage their health in order to prevent non-communicable diseases (NCDs) in their community.
- Focuses on tackling the five major NCD risk factor / behavioural risk areas (tobacco use, physical inactivity, harmful use of alcohol, unhealthy diets and air pollution) which contribute to NCDs (cardiovascular diseases, chronic respiratory diseases, cancer, type II diabetes)
- Is inclusive and non-discriminatory in its approach, working with marginalised or vulnerable young people
- Is measured and is able to demonstrate impact. Organisations must provide an end-of-year and end-of-grant report including, but not limited to, total number of young people reached directly, change/improvement over time, lessons learned and impact.
- Begins after October 2023 and will be completed by December 2024.
- Projects that do any of the following are not eligible for funding:
- Discriminate or primarily promote political or religious viewpoints to their beneficiaries.
- Use the funds to make grants or financial donations to other organisations or individuals.
- Be primarily a medical course/s.
- Provide bursaries, tuition, scholarships or fees for an existing course.
- Provide treatment, promote medicines, provide medical advice or pay for medicines.
- Benefit AstraZeneca’s commercial business.
- Last more than 12 months.
- Have already taken place or are planned to start before November 2023.
- Be funded more than 50% by another source, aside from the Step Up! Grant.
- Selected individuals are expected to fully participate in the YHP Impact Fellowship and One Young World Summit. Any misrepresentation, or inability to fully participate and complete verification in a timely manner may jeopardise their Scholarship benefits and grant eligibility.
- If, after selection, the screening and verification process determines that the organisations do not meet the eligibility requirements as outlined above, they will be unable to receive the Grant and the individual’s participation in the YHP Impact Fellowship and OYW Summit may be withdrawn.
Application of Health Program Impact Fellowship
Application deadline is March 20, 2023. Moreover, Late applications will be disqualified.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.