The School of History at the University of Leeds is delighted to announce the call for applications to the Leeds – Charles Wallace India Trust Visiting Fellowship 2022–23.
Awarded by the Charles Wallace India Trust (CWIT) and hosted by the School of History, one award will be made to an early to mid-career scholar. Only Indian citizens who are based in India, are eligible to apply. The Visiting Fellowship is restricted to the fields of History, Arts, Heritage and the Humanities. Preference will be given to those who have had little or no prior experience of conducting research outside India.
The Fellowship is awarded towards developing the candidate’s research. The CWIT Fellow will be expected to contribute to the vibrant research environment in the School of History and/or the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures, and present at least one seminar paper during the fellowship. They will also be encouraged to develop research collaborations with members of the School of History.
India Trust Visiting Fellowship
- The Fellowship will include £600 towards a return airfare and £1200 per month towards additional living expenses incurred while in the UK.
- It is the responsibility of candidates to apply for and pay for their UK visa and they will need to arrange their own accommodation with guidance from the School of History, Leeds.
- The CWIT Fellow will be provided a working space in the School of History and will have access to standard library, internet and office resources as other members of the department.
Eligibility for India Trust Visiting Fellowship
- Applicants to the CWIT Visiting Fellowship should have completed their PhD and have been in full-time employment at a university or equivalent research institution in India.
- They should be Indian nationals and residing in India at the time of application.
- The fellowship cannot be held in conjunction with any other award. Applicants must state if they are awaiting results of other grant applications.
- Candidates who have had a grant from CWIT in the past 5 years are not eligible to apply.
Application of India Trust Visiting Fellowship
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Firstly, Curriculum Vitae
- Research proposal (to include project outline, aims and objectives, significance of the project. Why the research would benefit from being carried out at Leeds, academic research context, proposed methods, outcomes and outputs, a workplan, and how the fellowship will enhance the applicant’s career trajectory. No more than 3000 words including bibliography).
- Additionally, One writing sample (published or unpublished) of no more than 8,000 words.
- Lastly, Two letters of recommendation.
Applications with all materials must be submitted electronically to [email protected]
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.