Applications for Chinese Government Scholarship Program – AUN Program. The Chinese Government Scholarship-AUN Program is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China for the ASEAN University Network (AUN) to sponsor students, teachers, and scholars from ASEAN nations to study in China and to enhance the academic exchange and mutual understanding between China and ASEAN members. There are 30 scholarships offered annually and it only supports graduates.
The China-AUN Scholarship provides a full scholarship that covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
- Master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month
- Doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month
- Applicants must be a citizen of an ASEAN member country (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam) and be in good health.
- A bachelor’s degree holder should be under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s program.
- A master’s degree holder should be under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
The following documents are necessary at the time of application
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship
- Copy of Passport Home Page
- Notarized highest diploma
- Academic transcript
- Letters of recommendation from Professor I and Professor II
- Physical Examination Form
- Non-criminal record report
- Admission letter (if applicable)
- Valid HSK Certificate (if applicable)
- Candidates can either:
- Apply to the AUN Secretariat for CGS opportunity without any pre-admission Letter. In this case, candidates can select their preferred institutes during the online applications process.
- Apply to your target university for the pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate.
- Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students (visit: http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or
http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in).
- Please note that AUN’s Program Category is ‘Type A’ and Agency Number is ‘00005.’ Once the correct Agency Number is entered, the name of the agency will automatically emerge. Instructions of the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System and Agency Number is provided on page 5.
- Complete the online Application Form for the Chinese Government Scholarship, and print one hard copy.
- Submit ONE set of the paper application forms and other supporting documents to the AUN Secretariat by 18 February 2021.
- Only successful candidates will be informed by email by early August 2021