Corris Boyd Scholars program was established in honor of a healthcare leader who dedicated his life to diversity and excellence in leadership – especially among people of color.
The recipient will receive a $40,000 scholarship toward tuition and other expenses at the AUPHA full-member graduate school program of his or her choice.
Moreover, students enrolled in accelerated programs will not receive the 2nd year installments until the dates noted above.
- Have applied and been accepted into an AUPHA Full Member master’s degree program for starting in Fall, but not before August 1st.
- Find your eligible programs at AUPHA Online Directory for eligible member programs.
- Also, be a full-time student
- Be a student of one of the following races:
- African American
- American Indian/Alaska Native
- Asian American
- Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA (out of 4.0) in undergraduate coursework
- In addition, have US citizenship or permanent resident status
- Program Information
- Cumulative GPA
- GRE/GMAT Test Scores
- Resume as an Adobe PDF
- Also, Personal Statement not longer than 1,200 words, explaining why you are choosing to pursue a career in healthcare management and addressing why you should be selected based on the selection criteria. This should address the following:
- Why have you chosen healthcare management as the career you want to pursue?
- How have you demonstrated leadership in the past?
- How do you see yourself using the degree?
- Why have you chosen the school you plan to attend?
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Information on any additional financial support that you anticipate receiving towards your graduate degree, including other scholarships, grants, etc
- In addition, Transcripts
You must submit the online application. Download the sample application to view all requirements as well as eligible programs.