Apply for Edna Waddell Undergraduate Scholarships for for women in technology and engineering 2022. The scholarship is provided be Universities New Zealand.
The Edna Waddell scholarships are for women entering their first year of full time study for undergraduate degrees in professional engineering or technology at New Zealand universities – open to school leavers and mature women.
Each scholarship will be for one year, the initial year of study.
Value of Edna Waddell Scholarship
- The successful candidate will receive an award of $5,000 for a year.
- Applicants will be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents with at least three years proven residence in New Zealand.
- Applicants will be gaining the entry qualifications for their chosen degree.
- are open to school leavers, and mature women who have not previously studied technology and engineering at this level.
- preference will be given to those who have worked in industry for at least three years or
- have passed sub-degree courses in technology or engineering. and,
- have leadership and creative skills
Before proceeding with your application make sure you have read and understood the
Regulations and that you are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The online application form will request and applicants must provide:
- proof of NZ citizenship or permanent residency
- a list of any relevant projects such as Crest or Science competitions.
- evidence of other awards and achievements relevant to the Scholarship
- two references: for school leavers one of these must be from the HOD or subject teacher for mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- a statement explaining why the applicant has chosen the particular programme, their aims from degree study, their need for the Scholarship, and their future plans.
Selection and assessment criteria
The Selection Committee will take into account each candidate’s:
- school academic record, particularly in mathematics, physics and chemistry
(particularly for school leavers)
- further education, extra mural courses, short courses or similar.
- relevant work experience.
- creativity and innovative ability.
- enthusiasm for working in technology and engineering.
Apply online – the link is here.