Applications for the European University Institute (EUI) Young African Leadership Program 2022 are now open. The Young African Leadership Program funded by the European Commission is a tailor-made fellowship and training program aiming at catalysing. And fostering changes as envisioned in the Africa Agenda 2063 and in the Africa-EU Partnership.
The second cohort of Young African Leaders is expected in Florence in September 2022. The Young African Leaders Program is a fellowship scheme that provides a unique opportunity for policy experts from Africa (all regions) to further develop their policy work and professional and leadership skills amidst international experts.
Furthermore, the Program aims at creating new networks, connecting a strong cohort of leaders committed to driving change in their own countries and across the continent. As well as address the gender gaps and foster inclusivity in leadership roles. In the dynamic academic environment of the European University Institute (EUI) in Florence. Selected participants will take part in workshops, training and skills development sessions, conferences, and study visits in Europe. Interaction with the other fellows, policymakers and the academic community at the EUI will make this a truly unforgettable experience.
Benefits from University Institute Leadership Program
- Firstly, The basic grant is €2,500 per month. Successful applicants who receive other grants or salaries must disclose this to the EUI. The amount of the Fellowship will be fixed at a lower rate (minimum €1,750 per month) depending on the amount of the additional income (upon production of relevant supporting documents).
- Secondly, A household allowance of up to €300 per month is paid to a fellow with a partner if the partner lives with them in Florence. And on the condition that the partner’s income is less than €2,000 per month. The sum of income and allowance cannot exceed €2,000 per month. (i.e. if the income is more than €1,700, the allowance will be paid only to top up to €2,000).
- Thirdly, An allowance of €200 per month is paid for each dependent child. Fellows are entitled to these allowances if they can declare that they are not receiving any similar allowance from another source, and upon submission of relevant supporting documents (i.e. marriage or partner certificate, or proof of cohabitation in Florence; birth certificates). For dependent children in full-time education and over the age of 18, a school or university certificate is required. No allowance is paid for dependent children over the age of 26.
- Lastly, Fellows (but not their families) receive reimbursement for the incoming trip from their place of origin to Florence, and for the outgoing trip to their destination at the end of their fellowship. The maximum amount for travel reimbursement amounts to €1,200 including both incoming and outgoing trip. Taxi expenses are not reimbursed.
Eligibility for University Institute Leadership Program
- Firstly, The Program targets mid-career, high potential policy-makers, diplomats, and professionals from Africa. Working in national and local authorities, regional, continental, international organisations and development partners, civil society organisations, academia, media and private sector, in Africa.
- More precisely, the Program is open to professionals, mid-career and executives alike, who are nationals of African countries, residing in Africa and are up to the age of 35.
Application of University Institute Leadership Program
You need to ensure that your application and all required documents, including the contact details of your referee. Are submitted by April 7, 2022 midnight (23:59 Italian time) in order for it to be considered.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.