Applications are open for the Falling Walls Science Summit 2022 Journalist Fellowship. The Falling Walls Foundation is offering a journalist fellowship grant to support international media representatives in reporting on the topics of the Falling Walls Science Summit 2022. Selected journalists will be invited to Berlin to meet international speakers and participants at the Falling Walls Science Summit in November 2022.
This Summit is the leading forum for global science leaders with focus on science breakthroughs. The summit takes place every year in Berlin from 7 – 9 November, the anniversary day of the fall of the Berlin Wall. This holistic approach of international, interdisciplinary and intersectoral discourse is globally unique and attracts leading researchers, CTOs, science strategists, sciences funders, and media worldwide.
Choose up to three topics that you would like to report on:
- Discovering Earth & SpaceArt and Science
- Engineering and Technology
- Climate Crisis & Sustainability
- Discovering Earth & Space
- Future Learning
- Health & Wellbeing
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Science and Innovation Management
- Science Engagement
- Social Sciences and Humanities
Benefits from Falling Walls Science Summit
- Up to twenty media representatives will be selected. They will each receive a fellowship grant, provided by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
- The grant will be awarded as a lump sum and includes travel, accommodation and per diem expenses for the whole duration of the fellowship programme (6-10 November 2022) as well as research and reporting costs, if those apply.
Eligibility for Falling Walls Science Summit
- Open to international media representatives with a proven track of journalist record (freelance or staff).
- Applicants are expected to research and publish on a chosen topic related to the Summit.
- There are no restrictions on specific media areas or the form of publication.
Application of Falling Walls Science Summit
Send your application documents in one PDF to [email protected] by October2, 2022 by 23:59 CEST.
Application documents are to include:
- Cover letter and short exposé/research plan (1 – 1,5 pages) on your preferred topic, including planned publication date and media contact. Note: the subject of your reporting must be based on one of the event topics.
- Short CV of your journalistic career and – if applicable – journalism grants, awards, etc.
- Max. three examples of your journalistic work within a field of science.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.