For a student looking to complete practical training in domains related to Mechanical Engineering, CERN is offering fully funded studentship to work at the cutting edge of technology. It is an opportunity to contribute and broaden your knowledge in a variety of disciplines. Students can learn several aspects of structural mechanics and machine development, magnets, fluids or heating systems, mechatronics, computer-aided design or metrology. Besides students can involve themselves in Technical projects as well. However, this is not mandatory.
Fully Funded CERN Mechanical Engineering Studentship
Besides working in one of the most reputed organization, CERN also provides fully funded opportunities to the candidates of Mechanical Engineering Studentship. Moreover, successful candidates will receive:
- A contract of association from 4 to 12 months.
- An allowance of 3305 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- A travel allowance.
- Depending on your personal circumstances, a supplement if married and/or have children.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme
- 2,5 days of paid leave per month.
Eligibility for the CERN Mechanical Engineering Studentship
In order to become eligible for the Fully Funded Mechanical Engineering Studentship, a candidate must have a profile that aligns with CERN requirement.
- Students are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State
- Further, they have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies (Bachelor or Master’s) at the time of the next student selection taking place in December 2019.
- Moreover, students can stay for at least 4 and at most 12 months remaining registered as a full-time student. However, students opting for the longest period of studentship are preferable.
- Also, the students must have a good knowledge of English OR French.
How to apply for the CERN Mechanical Engineering Studentship?
Fully Funded Mechanical Engineering Studentship at CERN will require candidates to submit their application online. Further, the students must also clearly label their documents (e.g. “CV”, “Motivation letter”, “Academic transcript”, etc.) and provide them in PDF Format.
- A CV.
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your marks (if you download it from your university portal please make sure there is no protection so that we can open it).
- A reference letter from your University Professor is mandatory. Should you have a letter of reference from a previous internship you may add this as a second reference.
- You can upload these letters at the time of application if you have them to hand. You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward to your referees to upload their letters confidentially.
CERN accepts the application for the Fully Funded Mechanical Engineering Studentship until 21 October 2019. Applications arriving after the deadline are ineligible for the studentship.