With the CCP Fellowships, the CrossCulture Programme (CCP) funds around 120 professionals and committed volunteers from 46 countries each year. During two to three months of work-related stays in host organizations in Germany or CCP partner countries, participants deepen their expertise, establish new contacts and acquire intercultural skills. In turn, the host organizations benefit from the expertise, regional knowledge, and networks of the CCP Fellows. Participants can also attend intercultural workshops, networking, and professional events hosted by the CCP. After returning to their daily working lives, participants then bring the experience they have gained into their home organization.
In 2022, fellowships will be offered as digital as well as on-site fellowships. Subject to funding by the German Federal Foreign Office and based on their personal situation and COVID-19 entry requirements, participants may decide on one of these two options.
Benefit from CrossCulture Program
Primarily, CCP Fellowships promote civil society actors, strengthening them in their work. This includes the following support and offers:
- Collaboration with a guest organization from the CCP network, either on-site or online
- Mentoring for the duration of the fellowship
- Online/on-site professional training in the fellow’s field of work, taking their individual and professional aims into account
- Networking with other CCP Fellowship holders
- Inclusion in the CCP alumni network
- For fellowship holders focussing on one of the key topics of CCP: participation in a professional event
The ifa will cover the following costs for participants from abroad:
- a monthly stipend of 550 euros plus the coverage of costs for round-trip airfare, accommodation, monthly public transportation ticket within the fellow’s city of residence, health insurance, reimbursement of any visa fees incurred
The ifa will cover the following costs for participants from Germany:
- a monthly stipend of 550 euros plus a monthly accommodation allowance of 550 euros, reimbursement of round-trip airfare, reimbursement of any visa fees incurred, health insurance
Participants are not meant to take family members such as spouses or children with them. The ifa does not cover any costs or assume any responsibility for further persons. The scholarship amount listed above is subject to funding approval by the German Federal Foreign Office.
Eligibility Required for CrossCulture Program
- The applicant must be at least 23 years old at the time of the application.
- At least two years of proven professional experience or volunteer work in a civil society organization in the country of origin.
- Good written and spoken English skills.
- The applicant is in good health for a longer stay abroad.
- Additionally, the applicant has been or is socially engaged for the long term.
- The applicant can prove full-time experience in their field of work.
- A collaboration with an organization in the target country is in progress or planned.
- The applicant possesses further language skills, particularly German.
Selection Criteria for CrossCulture Program
- Policy and society
- Media and culture
- Human rights and peace
- Sustainable development
In addition, from 2019 to 2023, the following key topics will also be focussed on:
- Digital civil society
- Non-formal political education
- Climate justice
- Curriculum vitae in English with details about education/training, work experience, volunteering, and other skills
- Letter of motivation, using this template
- Letter of recommendation from a supervisor in the applicant’s home organization/workplace in the applicant’s country of origin, using this template
- Photo is optional
The application period starts on 13 December 2021 and ends on 31 January 2022.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.