The International Pediatric Nephrology Association (IPNA) has an established fellowship program to provide pediatricians who work far from a pediatric nephrology training center with training in order to disseminate knowledge of pediatric nephrology to different regions around the world. Since 2003, IPNA has awarded more than 200 fellowships across 24 nations. Moreover, the IPNA invites application for its second-term fully funded fellowship in Pediatric Nephrology.
What will the IPNA Pediatric Nephrology fellows receive?
The fully funded IPNA pediatric nephrology fellowship covers:
- Stipends covering travel expenses to go to national pediatric nephrology congress
- Further, a one-year IPNA membership subscription including the access to the online version of “Pediatric Nephrology” Journal
- An online copy of the textbook, “Pediatric Nephrology”, 7th Edition.
- Another year of IPNA membership subscription with the online access to the online version of “Pediatric Nephrology” Journal if the fellow fills another questionnaire.C
Who is eligible for the fully funded IPNA Pediatric Nephrology Fellowship program?
To be eligible for the IPNA Pediatric Nephrology Fellowship, the applicants must meet the following standards:
- Be at least 30 years old
- Living as well as working in a developing country according to the World Bank Criteria
- Have received basic training in Nephrology in your home country
- Nominated by a Home Mentor and Home institution who guarantees your re-employment after the completion of your training.
- Recommendation from a senior Nephrologist from your home country
- Further, have approval from Host Mentor and Institution
- Understand and communicate in the Host country’s language
- However, applicants with previous experience in pediatric nephrology outside their home countries are not eligible for Fellowship.
How to apply for IPNA Pediatric Nephrology Fellowship?
Applicants may submit an application for IPNA Pediatric Nephrology Fellowship program online. The applicants will require to submit an online registration form where they must submit their personal information as well as provide required documentation which includes:
- The completed and duly signed the application form (online)
- A Curriculum vitae (CV)
- An acceptance letter from the Host Institution
- A letter of recommendation from nephrologist in your Home Institution (or country).
- A letter from your Home Institution guaranteeing re-employment.
- Applicant’s letter and training plan describing the goals and objectives and how the training will benefit and impact the Home country and Institution. The letter should explain how the training will benefit your Home country and Host Institution
The fully funded IPNA Pediatric Nephrologist Fellowship is open for application until October 1, 2019. Past the deadline, the International Pediatric Nephrology Association will not entertain any application.