The U.S. Department of State is accepting applications for the Fully Funded- TechGirls Exchange Program 2022. The TechGirls program is a four-week (July 8 – August 3, 2022) summer exchange designed to empower as well as support young women (ages 15-17) to pursue higher education and careers in STEM fields through hands-on skills development.
TechGirls – TechGirls is an Initiative of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The program builds on the United States’ global commitment to advance the rights of women and girls worldwide as well as promotes STEM education. It also fosters sustained connections/networks and mutual understanding among the youth of the United States and participating countries around the globe.
Benefits Provided by TechGirls Exchange Program 2022
The TechGirls program covers the following costs:
- Visa Fee
- Roundtrip international airfare from participant home country to the United States
- Housing during program
- Double occupancy dormitory accommodations
- Meals during program
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Local transportation to group program events as well as to the cultural events organized by Legacy International
- Emergency health insurance
Eligibility Requirements for TechGirls Exchange Program 2022
- Applicants are from one of the following eligible countries:
- Sub-Saharan Africa (AF) – Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, and South Africa
- East Asia and Pacific (EAP) – Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Mongolia, Taiwan, and Vietnam
- The Middle East and North Africa (NEA) – Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia
- South and Central Asia (SCA) – Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan
- Western Hemisphere (WHA) – Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Honduras, and Suriname
- Europe and Eurasia (EUR) – Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Turkey
- Furthermore, applicants are supposed to be between the ages of 15 and 17 at the start of the exchange July 7th, 2022;
- Have demonstrated advanced skills and a serious interest in technology, engineering, and/or math in their academic studies;
- Intend to pursue higher education and/or careers in technology;
- Have strong English language skills;
- Exhibit maturity, flexibility, and open-mindedness;
- Will attend at least one additional semester of secondary school upon their return to their home country; and
- Similarly, individuals should complete a community-based project upon their return home.
- Additionally, those candidates who have limited or no prior experience in the United States will be given preference. You are not eligible if you have traveled to the United States in the last three years as part of any other ECA exchange program.
The 2022 TechGirls application will close at 12:00PM EST on January 15, 2022. Semifinalists will be contacted via email on/around March 1 for the next stage of interviews. Lastly, Final decisions will be made in early April. All applicants will be notified of the results of their application.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.