Apply for the University of Lausanne UNIL Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) Programme in Switzerland. The SUR Programme runs for up to 8 weeks in July and August, hosting about 15 first university Bachelor degree students with both biological and medical studies backgrounds from around the world. Each participant will perform an individual research project in a different laboratory of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine. The programme welcomes students studying for a Bachelor degree in any field in the life sciences, as well as those pursuing medical studies.
The main aim of the programme is to attract outstanding motivated students from near and far for a research experience that will remain with them for their lifetimes. During the programme, much as most of your time will be spent in the host lab, each week you along with your fellow students will come together for shared academic activities, often with participants of the sister programme at the EPFL.
Programme activities may include introductory student research presentations, lectures from faculty members on research topics and their career paths, and career guidance workshops in academia and beyond. At the end of the summer, students present the results of their research on a poster during a joint UNIL/EPFL Symposium and write a final report. You will also enjoy many social activities, including a hike in the Alps, barbecues, swimming in Lac Léman, and visits to other cities during your stay in Switzerland.
Benefits from Lausanne Summer Research Program
Accepted applicants will receive the following benefits
- You will receive a scholarship stipend worth up to CHF 1500 to cover your living expenses during the programme.
- The program coordinator will arrange and pay for your housing. In a furnished apartment of one of the UNIL associations, in a single room with a shared kitchen and bathroom.
- Extra funds will be available to cover justified costs of travel to Lausanne for any amount up to CHF 500 for European travel and CHF 1200 for overseas travel is covered.
- The programme will also offer assistance to all students who require visas to travel to Switzerland.
Eligibility Required for Lausanne Summer Research Program
- The programme usually invites students of any nationality, study in any country at an accredited institution.
- You must be a student currently mid-way through your bachelor’s degree in any biological or medical field.
- Applicants who have completed only one year of an undergraduate degree. Or, are currently in their last year are not eligible. Master degrees are not eligible.
- Candidates are required to demonstrate an excellent academic record typically GPA >3.75 or equivalent, and/or top 5% class ranking and also submit support personal statements and letters of recommendation.
- You are expected to have very good abilities in both written and spoken English and
- Applicants must be present and ready to attend the entire programme
The SUR Programme online applications are now open. And, interested applicants are welcome to submit their applications by the deadline of January 31, 2022. You will be requested to submit supporting documents during the application process
- You must submit a copy of your official transcripts of record. Accompany an authenticated translation of documents in case your transcript is not issued in French or English.
- Applicants must arrange for two confidential letters of recommendation from people familiar with their academic work to support their application. You are encouraged to ask your referees to use the letter template available for download from the programme website.
- Remember to submit a personal statement and proof of English Language Proficiency.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.