The US Mission to ASEAN invites application for the fully funded YSEALI Professional Fellowship. The fellowship program provides emerging leaders ages 25-35 the opportunity to spend five weeks in the United States, including four weeks working directly with American counterparts in individually tailored work placements with relevant private and/or public sector organizations. During these placements, Fellows build their practical expertise, leadership skills, and professional networks. The YSEALI Professional Fellows Program offers exchange opportunities under the following themes:
- Civic Engagement
- Economic Empowerment
- Governance and Society
- Sustainable Development and the Environment
Eligibility for the 2020 YSEALI Professional Fellowship?
US Mission to ASEAN considers a candidate eligible for the fully funded YSEALI Professional Fellowship if their profile aligns with the host’s requirements:
- Young professionals must be from 11 YSEALI countries:
Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam)
- Further, they must be leading change and innovation in civil society, the private sector, or the public sector.
- Similarly, they must have demonstrated expertise pertaining to the respective theme;
- Mid-level professionals must be of age between 25 to 35 years old at the time of participation in the program
- Likewise, they are currently employed and have a minimum of two or more years of relevant professional work experience;
- Moreover, the candidates must be proficient in both written and oral English
- The young professionals should be able to work effectively in a cross-cultural setting as well as self-directed; and
- Also, candidates must be genuinely working in developing an individual project of their own selection in their home workplace or community
The selection committee will select the candidates for the fully funded YSEALI Professional Fellowship on the basis of the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a strong track record of leadership or positive impact in their community or workplace;
- Demonstrate knowledge, or professional experience in one of the YSEALI Professional Fellows Program themes:
Civic Engagement, Economic Empowerment, Governance, and Society, or Sustainable Development and the Environment;
- Likewise, demonstrate a commitment or interest to community service, volunteerism, or mentorship;
- Indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States, ASEAN, and Southeast Asia as a region;
- Also, be willing to actively participate in a professional work environment to develop professional capacities and leadership skills;
- Have a commitment to return to their home country to apply leadership skills as well as training to benefit their community, country, or the region; and
- Further, applicants having little or no prior work, study, or travel experience in the United States are preferable.
How to apply for the 2020 YSEALI Professional Fellowship?
Candidates can apply for the 2020 YSEALI Professional Fellowship in one of the four tracks:
US Mission to ASEAN accepts online application only. Hence, eligible applicants should apply with necessary documents including a CV, Motivation Letter and Recommendation Letters.
US Mission to ASEAN accepts the application for the fully funded YSEALI Professional Fellowship until 1 November 2019. Applications arriving after the deadline are not eligible for the fellowship.