Applications for the Climate Tracker Just Transition Journalism Fellowship – Philippines 2022 are now open. Advocates have been underscoring the importance of a ‘Just Transition’ in the Philippines. But the idea remains an abstract aspiration especially with gaps in the climate conversation.
As the country takes steps toward climate action by raising its carbon emission reduction target to 75% by 2030, what would a ‘just transition’ look like for the Philippines? What are the key issues to be addressed to achieve this goal? These are some of the questions Climate Tracker wants you to learn and report about through their new fellowship, in partnership with Friedrich Ebert Stiftung – Philippines.
Benefits from Climate Tracker Transition Fellowship
This fellowship has a lot in store! Fellows will benefit from:
- The chance to build their publishing profile around climate, energy, renewables, and the just transition.
- Get training and mentoring from experts and experience journalists to effectively report on these issues.
- Fellowship grant to fund their stories.
- Recruitment into our growing network of over 18K journalist and media professionals around the world.
Eligibility Required for Climate Tracker Transition Fellowship
They are looking for three groups of applicants:
- Experienced journalists from across the Philippines who have an interest in reporting more about the just transition in a national sense;
- Reporters who are interested in focusing their stories on their province. Ideally, here they’re looking for journalists who are not based in Manila and can write about the just transition in a very local sense, about their province;
- Campus journalists who are searching for the chance to build both their knowledge and reporting profile as it relates to the just transition.
If you’re between the ages of 18-35 years of age, based in the Philippines, and find that any of these three descriptions matches you, APPLY TODAY!
The final selections will be based on:
- The value and interest of your pitch
- Proof of experience in journalism
- Your interest and potential to learn and collaborate throughout the fellowship initiative
Application Details of Climate Tracker Transition Fellowship
Applying is super simple! But you’ve got to do it early, the deadline to apply is January 31, 2022.
Submit a pitch for a story focusing on just transition in the Philippines.
Your pitch needs to include:
- Firstly, Working title
- Secondly, Story summary (max 200 words)
- Thirdly, Sources – let them know if there are any sources (like interviews) you’ve already confirmed, or ones you think you have a good chance of securing soon (prospective)
- Additionally, Story length – how long do you think the story will be? They recommend limiting the story between 600-1200 words for analysis and feature pieces. Investigative stories could be longer
- What media do you think your story would be ideal for? – this helps Climate Tracker to get an idea of the style you plan to use
- Links to stories you’ve published before
- A link to your CV.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.