Applications for the Rotary Club of Lethbridge East and Lethbridge & District Exhibition Agricultural Scholarships 2022 are now open. The Rotary Club of Lethbridge East and Lethbridge & District Exhibition’s $10,000 Agricultural Scholarships are southern Alberta’s most coveted awards for post-secondary undergraduate agriculture students.
Each year, the AG Scholarship Committee (non-profit) raises thousands of dollars to further recognize the importance of agriculture in their community by supporting local students in their pursuit of an agricultural career.
Benefit from Rotary Club Agricultural Scholarships
- Two scholarship(s) valued at $10,000 each, will be awarded to the successful applicant(s).
Eligibility Required for Rotary Club Agricultural Scholarships
- Applicants must have successfully completed at least the equivalent of two full years (60 credit hours) of training at a recognized post-secondary institution in agriculture or in a related field with substantive and documented agricultural content.
- Applicants must either be a legal resident of Southern Alberta or have lived in Southern Alberta for seven of the past ten years. Southern Alberta includes the Counties of Lethbridge, Taber, Warner, Forty Mile, Cardston, Pincher Creek, Ranchlands, Willow Creek, Cypress, Newell, Vulcan, and all municipalities within these counties (e.g. Lethbridge, Brooks, Medicine Hat); Municipality of Crowsnest Pass; and Blood (Kanai) and Piikani First Nations.
- In keeping with the long-standing principles governing Rotary Foundation scholarships, Rotarians, Rotaractors, and their immediate family members (parent, spouse, sibling, child, grandchild, nephew, niece, uncle, aunt) are not eligible to apply.
- Applicant eligibility will be determined by the Scholarship Adjudication Committee whose decision shall be final.
- In addition to high academic achievement in agriculture and/or an agriculture related discipline, scholarship criteria must include significant evidence of community service and leadership. Experience in agricultural enterprises and/or agricultural organizations/societies such as 4H should be elucidated.
- Successful applicants should also be familiar with the activities of Rotary International and be able to explain how their professional goals align with Rotary principles.
Application Details of Rotary Club Agricultural Scholarships
Applications must include the following:
- Completed the Scholarship Application Form.
- Covering letter that describes the applicant’s academic interests, achievements, community contributions, leadership experience and career aspirations (500 words or less).
- Post-secondary transcripts up to January 2022 (scanned as PDF) or arrange to have institution forward transcripts to [email protected]
- Resumé (CV/Bio) detailing academic, work, and community service history (2-page max.).
- Names and contact information of three qualified references (from post-secondary institution and community leaders).
- Please arrange for your three references to send their confidential letters of reference.
Application documents should be entirely in Word (*.docx) format and emailed to Dr. C. Wayne Lindwall: [email protected] by January 31, 2022.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.