Applications are open for the EnerTracks Fellowship Program 2022. A small group of eight fellows will be invited to go to the Agora Energiewende office in Berlin, Germany. Each fellow continues working part-time for their home institution while participating in training sessions that are prepared and facilitated by Agora Energiewende energy experts.
These multi-disciplinary sessions cover a variety of topics such as energy markets, power system flexibility, and research methodologies, among others. Supplemental online and reading material, as well as group discussions, complement each of these sessions.
With the support of their Agora Energiewende mentors, each fellow tackles one specific transformation topic of their choice. The topic should be relevant from the perspective of the fellow’s own organization, with the intention of transferring the learnings into their domestic work.
Program Details of EnerTracks Fellowship Program 2022
Over the course of the 6-week EnerTracks fellowship program, participants will receive:
- Circa 45 hours of tailored sessions delivered and prepared by the Agora Energiewende teams
- Inclusion in the day-to-day work of Agora Energiewende’s Berlin office
- One-to-one mentoring from Agora Energiewende experts
- The opportunity to publish an article on the Agora Energiewende blog
- Excursion to the Agora Energiewende office in Brussels
Upon completion of the program participants will receive:
- A digital certificate
- Access to the EnerTracks alumni network
Financial Benefit from EnerTracks Fellowship Program 2022
All EnerTracks fellows receive:
- A travel grant covering half of the costs of participants’ international travel expenses (excluding visa costs).
- All-expenses paid accommodation in Berlin.
- In-country public transportation tickets.
- A modest daily stipend.
- Available office space at their office in the heart of Berlin.
- Health insurance.
- A letter of support for visa application processes.
Eligibility Required for EnerTracks Fellowship Program 2022
- Firstly, Applicants must be a national of an Official Development Aid (ODA recipient) country;
- Secondly, Due to German regulations, they ask that in-person participants be able to provide proof of complete vaccination protection against the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus. Depending on the place departure, participants might also need to provide a negative test result or proof of immunity and comply with quarantine regulations.
- Thirdly, Applicants must be currently employed or affiliated to a think tank or other civil society organization and/or an academic body researching energy policy or another relevant field.
- Moreover, Applicants must have around five years of professional experience in the energy or climate sector at the time of application. They are looking for participants with leadership potential who are at a “tipping point” stage in their careers, rather than those who fit a particular age requirement.
- Likewise, Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university, in economics, environmental science, engineering, political science, or similar (masters’ degree preferred).
- Together with, Applicants must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Individuals should have a sincere interest in tackling climate change issues and the energy transformation in their home country as well as a strong understanding of power systems, energy economics, and climate and energy policy, policy instruments/processes.
- Applicants should possess a high level of intellectual curiosity and humility.
Prepare in one single PDF document:
- Your CV/resume
- A letter of motivation (max. 500 words; around 4000 characters with spaces), describing:
- The specific research topic you would like to expand on with your Agora mentor AND how this topic relates directly to your work.
- What are your current responsibilities in your organization and how would this fellowship support your career objectives?
Additionally, Use the following naming convention for this document: lastname_firstname_fellowship_spring2022 (ex.: smith_joan_fellowship_spring2022)
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Lastly, visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.