Applications are open for the Gatefield Pro-Health Policy Journalism Fellowship 2022. The purpose of the fellowship is to support 10 reporters and investigative journalists to gain the skills necessary to analyze and report on crucial health issues and provide relevant facts to the public, towards the greater goal of improving health outcomes in Nigeria.
The 2022 journalism grant seeks to specifically provide support for reporters to produce high-quality, unbiased human angle, scientific, and investigative stories focused on the impact of sugar-sweetened beverages on health and economy.
- The health harms of SSBs and its link to non communicable diseases (NCDs).
- The economic benefits of taxation towards reducing SSBs consumption.
- Other healthy food policies to reduce SSBs consumption and tackle NCDs.
The main components of the programme are:
- Training workshop on journalistic practices and tools, including developing investigative reporting skills
- Professional mentoring from experts in public health, media and investigative journalism
- Independent work on a project to create a long-form feature piece
- Participation in periodic editorial discussions
Benefits from Pro-Health Policy Journalism Fellowship
- Journalists accepted into the Pro-Health Policy Journalism Fellowship will receive a grant of US $1,000 (N415,000) each to support logistics required to participate in fellowship activities including the production of at least one long-form feature piece each over the 6-month period. Feature pieces can be produced for online, print, or broadcast media.
- The grant offers selected journalists the opportunity to learn from a seasoned investigative reporter, who will act as a sounding board for ideas, during a training session organized for successful applicants.
Eligibility for Pro-Health Policy Journalism Fellowship
- Open to staff reporters and freelance journalists in Nigeria with work in recognized media organizations with track record of accurate, fair and responsible journalism;
- Journalists with at least two years of experience working as a journalist and demonstrate strong writing skills;
- Consideration will be given to journalists whose work reflects an interest in health, public policy, and the economy.
Application of Pro-Health Policy Journalism Fellowship
Application closes on August 22, 2022. Late applications will be disqualified.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.