Guizhou Government Scholarship is open for Southeast Asian students who are pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate studies. Guizhou University (hereinafter as GZU) is persistently committed to being a leading university with regional characteristics that cherishes high-quality education as the fundamental and serves the economic and social development of Guizhou Province and southwest China. Further, GZU vigorously develops international cooperation and exchange. So far, it has established cooperative and exchange relations with more than 150 academic institutions in over 40 countries and regions. Over 1000 international students from nearly 60 countries or regions registered in GZU in for long or short term studies.
Hence, with the aim of maintaining China’s stand on diplomatic relation and provide an opportunity to youths all over the world, Guizhou University provides scholarships to international students for bachelors as well as masters and Ph.D. studies.
- The applicant must be a citizen from a Southeast Asian country, in good health and with no bad records;
- The applicant must be a high school diploma holder under the age of 30 when applying for bachelor’s programs; be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs; be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
- The degree study duration is 4 academic years for bachelor’s programs, 3 academic years for master’s programs, and 4 academic years for doctoral programs. The study duration for Chinese language program is usually 1 year.
- The teaching language is Chinese. Applicants without HSK Level 4 Chinese language proficiency shall need to include the 1-year elementary Chinese language study in the application form. All candidates must reach the Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) Level 4 before being permitted to degree study.
Guizhou Provincial Education Department in association with Guizhou University provides Guizhou Government Scholarship for Southeast Asian students to recruit outstanding Southeast Asian students. The applicant may choose full scholarship or partial scholarship to apply.
- Full Scholarship Coverage: fee waiver for tuition, on-campus dormitory accommodation, and medical insurance. Further, providing Monthly Living Allowance: RMB1,000 for undergraduates, RMB1200 for master’s students and RMB1,500 for doctoral students. Full scholarships are open to bachelor, master and doctor applicants. Also, Scholarship duration covers both elementary Chinese study and degree program study.
- Partial Scholarship Coverage: fee waiver for tuition and on-campus dormitory accommodation. However, Partial scholarships are open to Chinese language study applicants, bachelor applicants, and master applicants.
To apply for the scholarship, Applicants must submit the following documents;
- Guizhou Scholarship Application Form
- Resume (CV) Form
- Likewise, Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Further, Valid passport photocopy
- Similarly, Highest educational diploma photocopy
- Moreover, Transcripts for highest educational diploma
- Also, Study or Research Proposal (600 words for bachelor applicants and 1000 words for master or doctor applicants)
- Applicants for Art programs need to submit previous representative works
- Previous Certificates of Awards or Achievements (if any)
How To Apply
After you have accumulated the aforementioned documents, you must send the application documents in packed clear scans via e-mail to complete your application. If not by email, you may send your application in hard copies by post to the below address of Guizhou University:
College of International Education,
Guizhou University (North Campus), Huaxi District, Guiyang City,
Guizhou Province, P.R. China
Post Code: 550025 Tel.: +86 (851) 83627738
Applications arriving before July 15, 20019 are considered valid. If the applications are sent by post, applicants must send them such that they arrive by July 15.