Applications are open for the Harrison Middleton University Fellowship in Ideas 2023. The HMU Fellowship in Ideas is a writing and discussion project in the humanities designed for a recent university graduate from any field who has an interest in the humanities, interdisciplinary dialogue, and intellectual and professional enrichment.
The Fellowship offers emerging scholars exposure to the history of ideas in Western civilization, networking opportunities amongst an array of academicians, lifelong learners, readers, and thinkers from a broad range of disciplines, and credited authorship in two university publications.
Over the course of nine months, the HMU Fellow in Ideas will:
- Participate in virtual Socratic discussions with university faculty and other Fellows.
- Contribute two entries to the Harrison Middleton University Blog.
- Publish a book review in HMU: Dialogues, Harrison Middleton University’s biannual newsletter.
Benefits from Middleton University Fellowship
The successful applicant to the HMU Fellowship in Ideas will enjoy the following benefits:
- A $500 stipend.
- The opportunity to participate in virtual Socratic discussions with university faculty and Fellows.
- Online publication in the HMU Blog and HMU: Dialogues.
- At the conclusion of the Fellowship term, a complimentary set of three Great Books Foundation publications.
Eligibility for Middleton University Fellowship
The successful applicant must:
- Have received a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree (in any field).
- Have an interest in the humanities and the great ideas of Western civilization.
- Have outstanding reading, writing, and communication abilities.
- Commit to writing two blog entries for the HMU Blog and one book review for HMU: Dialogues.
Application of Middleton University Fellowship
Provide the following:
- A completed application form.
- A biographical statement of no more than 500 words that addresses your background as a student, your interest in the humanities, and your interest in the HMU Fellowship in Ideas.
- An appropriately cited expository essay of no more than 1500 words plus a works cited page, applying your interest to a great idea in the humanities related to one of these concentrations: imaginative literature, natural science, philosophy and religion, and social science.
Submit your application (as PDF) and writing samples as attached Microsoft Word-compatible documents to [email protected] by November 1, 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be requested to participate in an interview by Zoom.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.