Applications are open for the Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP) Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023. The Human Frontier Science Program supports innovative basic research that applies novel and interdisciplinary approaches to understand fundamental biological problems and promotes scientific exchanges across national and disciplinary boundaries.
Through its three-year postdoctoral fellowships, HFSP supports talented postdocs to change scientific paradigms by proposing a frontier-extending research project. The fellowships are held in a different country to the one where the PhD was conferred. Fellows are expected to ensure that new perspectives are brought to the frontiers of the life sciences. And therefore the Program encourages postdocs from outside biology to bring their skills to bear on a fundamental biological problem.
HFSP provides two types of fellowships:
- Long-Term Fellowships are for applicants with a PhD on a biological topic who want to embark on a novel and frontier project focusing on the life sciences.
- Cross-Disciplinary Fellowships are for applicants who hold a PhD in a non-biological discipline (e.g. physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering or computer sciences) and who have not worked in the life sciences before.
Cost of Human Frontier Science Fellowships
- Fellows are granted a living allowance as well as a research and travel allowance. Depending on their specific situation fellows may also qualify to receive a child allowance, a parental leave allowance and a relocation allowance.
Eligibility for Human Frontier Science Fellowships
- A candidate who is not a national from one of the HFSP members may apply to work. A candidate who is a national of one of the member countries can apply.
- A research doctorate (PhD) or a doctoral-level degree comparable to a PhD with equivalent experience in basic research (e.g. a research based MD or medical PhD) must be conferred by the start of the fellowship. It is not required at the time of submission. By “conferred degree” they mean you have received your diploma for the degree. The “conferral date” is the date on the official PhD document.
- Applicants must have at least one lead author publication by the submission deadline of the Letter of Intent which can be a manuscript. (i) published in a recognized OA preprint repository, or,(ii) accepted for publication,(iii) in press or (iv) already published by a peer reviewed journal.
Application of Human Frontier Science Fellowships
Applicants can now initiate a letter of intent via the application platform Proposal Central (deadline for initiation is 18 May 2022). Submission deadline for the letter of intent is 19 May 2022.
The application guidelines for the 2023 HFSP:
- Firstly, Long-Term Fellowships can be downloaded here
- Secondly, Cross-Disciplinary Fellowships can be downloaded here
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.