Applications are open for the IMF Fund Challenge 2022 for Undergraduate Students in Economics. The IMF’s African Department (AFR), Asia and Pacific Department (APD), Institute for Capacity Development (ICD), and Middle East and Central Asia Department (MCD), in collaboration with the IMF Office of Innovation and Change (OIC), invite economics students to join the 2022 Fund Challenge.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) works to achieve sustainable growth and prosperity for all of its 190 member countries. It does so by supporting economic policies that promote financial stability and monetary cooperation, which are essential to increase productivity, job creation, and economic well-being.
Benefits from IMF Fund Challenge
- Finalist teams will have the opportunity to present virtually at the IMF annual meetings in October 2022. This is an opportunity to meet policy makers, academics, and civil society organizations from around the world.
Eligibility for IMF Fund Challenge
- Firstly, Students must be currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs (including class of 2022) in economics or a related field at an institution of higher learning in any AFR, APD or MCD member country to be eligible to compete in the Fund Challenge.
- Secondly, Each team must consist of two students of the same institution of higher learning. Each team wishing to participate should register only once using the Fund Challenge Registration Site by June 1. Registration will require providing the contact information of a faculty member who can then verify the team’s enrollment at an institution of higher learning in any AFR, APD, or MCD member country.
- As a part of the challenge, participants must register and successfully complete ICD’s online Macroeconomic Diagnostics course (MDSx), between June 6 and September 2. The course is provided at no charge to participants, but each team member must register and complete the course separately with edX. The workload for the course is approximately 6–8 hours per week. Participants who wish to receive a course certificate must purchase a verified certificate from edX. Details on course access and technical requirements will be communicated on June 2.
- Teams who successfully complete the required online course will be asked to analyze a new case study developed by ICD. Each team will then submit a presentation that (a) describes the current economic situation in the case study. And (b) recommends policies to address the identified challenges.
- Presentations may be prepared in English or French and submitted in any format (MS PowerPoint is recommended). But please note that the MDSx course and new case study will only be available in English. The process and deadlines for submitting presentations will be communicated on September 6.
Application of IMF Fund Challenge
Each team should register only once and must consist of two team members. The deadline to register is June 1, 2022.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.