Applications are open for the International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) Kim Wall Memorial Fund 2023. The IWMF’s Kim Wall Memorial Fund will provide grants to journalists whose work embodies the spirit of Kim’s reporting.
The grant will fund women or non-binary reporters covering subculture, broadly defined, and what Kim liked to call “the undercurrents of rebellion.” Kim wanted more women to be out in the world, brushing up against life, and the Kim Wall Memorial Fund honors this legacy.
Kim Wall Memorial Fund
- A $5,000 grant will be awarded to successful applicants.
Eligibility for Kim Wall Memorial Fund
- Affiliated or freelance women or nonbinary journalists with one (1) or more years of professional experience working in news media from anywhere in the world. Internships do not count toward professional experience.
- Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills in order to fully participate in and benefit from the program. However, reporting may be published in any language.
- Applicants must be able to show proof of interest from an editor or have a proven track record of publication in prominent media outlets.
- Grants will be awarded to cover reporting-related costs including travel, logistics, insurance, visa fees, professional stipends and payments for producers, translators, etc. The IWMF does not cover the cost of equipment purchase or rental and cannot support academic research or research for academic publication.
The IWMF is accepting applications from November 15 to December 15, 2022, at 11:59 PM EST via Submittable. The IWMF cannot consider time-sensitive proposals.
Applications will be reviewed in January and February 2023. And applicants will receive a response no later than the end of February 2023. Grantees will be publicly announced on Kim’s birthday, March 23.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.