Applications are open for the Jewish Helping Hands Tikkun Olam Grant Program 2023/2024. The Jewish Helping Hands launched its Tikkun Olam Grant program in 2012 to advance their goal of inspiring and supporting tzedakah, justice and righteousness, throughout the world. Their goal is to help vulnerable populations in the United States and abroad through a variety of programs focused on economic development and social empowerment, with a particular focus on those demographics that have been overlooked and/or marginalized.
In cooperation with local communities, JHH supports programs that are sustainable and scalable through financial and hands-on support. Their objective is to promote organizations and projects that will make a tangible and lasting difference in the lives of the populations they serve. With each of their grants, JHH also intends to share its experience and expertise, so as to help further their joint mission.
Grants from Tikkun Olam Grant Program
- Tikkun Olam Grants are awarded annually. A typical grant award may be up to $5,000. Grant recipients may reapply to have their grants renewed. Organizations can apply for additional grants for new projects.
Eligibility for Tikkun Olam Grant Program
- In the 2023/2024 Grant Cycle, they are focusing primarily on projects that provide the basic necessities for a decent life:
- Women’s Empowerment
- Internet Connectivity
- Gender Equity
- They are also focusing especially on projects in these areas:
- East Africa
- Central America
- North America
- Any Impoverished Jewish Communities
Application of Tikkun Olam Grant Program
- Step 1: (to be completed by September 13, 2023): Submit the initial inquiry form
- Step 2: (to be completed by December 5, 2023): Selected organizations will be notified by November 7, 2023. If your organization is selected, you will be invited to submit a Full Application.
- Step 3: (January 9, 2024 – March 14, 2024): The Grant Making Committee of JHH will notify finalists of their application status. During this time period, all finalists will be invited for interviews, either in person or via Skype/telephone. Additionally, JHH may make site visits to finalists.
- Step Four: (May 1, 2024): The Grant Making Committee of JHH will contact the grant recipients. At this time, the duration and details of the grant will also be announced.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.