Joseph Frasca Excellence in Aviation Scholarship is available for application.
The Frasca family established this Joseph Frasca Excellence in Aviation scholarship through the University Aviation Association (UAA) in the name of their son, Joseph Frasca. Joseph excelled as an undergraduate aviation student earning a reputation as a dedicated and competent scholar. His tireless efforts to promote and support aviation resulted in significant worldwide contributions to the industry and his abilities as an aerobatic pilot and ambassador of aviation provided many hours of enjoyment to thousands of people. He was indefatigable in reaching the highest standards of performance and achievement in every challenge he faced.
Aim of Scholarship
The Joseph Frasca Excellence in Aviation Scholarship was established through the University Aviation Association to encourage others to reach the highest level of achievement in their aviation studies. It is bestowed upon those who demonstrate a commitment and devotion to aviation in the tradition of Joseph Frasca.
- Evidence of excellence in activities, studies, events, organizations, etc., related to aviation.
- Likewise, a minimum of a 3.0 overall grade point average.
- Further, Federal Aviation Administration certification/qualifications in either aviation maintenance or flight.
- Similarly, membership in at least one Aviation organization such as Alpha Eta Rho, NIFA Flying Team, Experimental Aircraft Association, Warbirds of America, etc.
- Additionally, involvement in Aviation activities, projects, events, etc., which will demonstrate an interest and an enthusiasm for aviation.
- Also, must be a junior or senior currently enrolled in a University Aviation Association (UAA) member institution. If you cannot obtain your UAA member institution number locally, please call UAA at (901) 563-0505 or email them at [email protected]
- Also, completed application form, essay, and letter of reference.
Moreover, the outstanding candidates will be preferred if they,
- Demonstrate interest or experience in aviation simulation.
- Likewise, demonstrate interest or experience in aircraft restoration.
- Similarly, exhibit interest or experience in aerobatics.
- Also, work experience in aviation.
- Work experience while in school.
- Financial need.
Submit an original plus five copies of the following items by June 30, 2019
- Joe Frasca Excellence in Aviation Scholarship Application.
- A BRIEF ESSAY. See enclosed form.
- Academic transcript from the UAA member institution you are now attending (either copies or originals are acceptable).
- FAA certificates (either A & P or Flight related)—copies only (originals are not required in this case).
- One letter of reference (use attached form or official letterhead).
- Additional documentation as required supporting financial need, and other items.
Send these items in one package – not separately.