Applications for the Africa CDC Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Program 2023 are now open. The aim is to support aspirational Public Health Leaders (Fellows) from Africa in acquiring advanced skills and competencies to strategize, manage and lead public health programmes that will transform public health in Africa.
Fellows admitted in the programme will be senior public health professionals from African Union Member States who will contribute to and lead the implementation of a new public health order for Africa, and in turn mentor and develop the next generation of public health leaders for the continent.
The Fellowship will support 12 months of high-level professional development in advanced public health leadership that includes acquiring skills in health diplomacy, change management, influencing policy, among others. Fellows will be supported by experienced experts in relevant fields from Africa and the diaspora.
At the end of the programme, Fellows would have developed skills:
- for competent leadership styles that influence and empower others to achieve challenging multidimensional health goals;
- to frame and develop a viable strategic vision for bold, yet attainable goals for positive health outcomes;
- for well-rounded globally competent leadership with attributes such as vision, resilience, flexibility and efficiency;
- to steer the complex environment of public health practice to achieve and maintain positive impact; and in health politics, negotiation, partnerships, and health diplomacy.
Cost for Global Health Leadership Program
- Africa CDC will provide all learning and development materials and meet all costs associated with the fellowship, including travel, daily allowance and insurance during the residential placements.
- Fellows will be supported to ensure that they have the relevant software for online learning.
Eligibility for Global Health Leadership Program
- Applicant must be citizens of an African Union Member State;
- Possess a postgraduate degree in a relevant field in public health;
- Have 10 years of professional experience in any field of public health, including but not limited to one health, medicine, finance, health economics, health policy, animal health, or environmental health;
- Be in full-time employment in any area of public health, in a private or public institution in Africa;
- Have a good track record or be able to demonstrate the potential for effective public health leadership where they can positively impact the public health outcomes of populations.
Application of Global Health Leadership Program
All applications must be submitted using the online application form. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All applicants must provide the following required information:
- A support letter from the current employer to confirm employment, guaranteeing that the candidate will be allowed enough time to participate in the Fellowship programme and to attend the full eight weeks of institutional residential experience.
- Letters of recommendation from two reputable professional referees.
- A personal statement (maximum 400 words) providing evidence of the candidate’s commitment to public health in Africa detailing the following:
- Their leadership experience and professional attainment
- Their vision of, and the future impact of effective public health leadership in Africa
- How they would champion public health initiatives in Africa
- A leadership challenge project proposal (maximum 400 words) that outlines a potential leadership challenge project. They will implement which is feasible to complete with in the 12 month of the fellowship. The proposal should include a title, brief description of the challenge (the what, the who is affected, and the why), a proposed strategy for a solution, and the expected outcome.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.