Applications for the 2023 Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship Program is now open for eligible applicants. The Fellowship will run for a duration of six (6) months from September 2023 to March 2024. The Matsumae International Foundation builds up on the the concept of its founder with its main theme as:
Matsumae International Foundation launched this annual Research Fellowship Program in 1980. The fellowship is dedicated to PhD and Doctoral Degree holders who will spend a period of 3 to 6 months, working in various fields of research. Fields such as natural science, engineering and medicine are considered with first priorities. Fellowships are carried out at various participating universities in Japan.
MIF plans to invite up to 10 researchers/scholars. Up on completion for your fellowship, you will be expected to return to your home country to applying the experience and knowledge you will have received to make life better and promote peace.
Benefits from Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship
If you apply and get selected for this scholarship, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- Selected fellows will receive a monthly Allowance worth JPY 220,000 to cover their living expenses and costs of research materials
- You will receive Insurance for overseas Travel or Accident/Sickness Insurance:
- Fellows will receive a round-trip air tickets for air travel. The ticket is an Economy class for the most direct and economical route between the nearest international airport from your country and Tokyo.
- Up on arrival in Japan, you will receive a Start-up Fund worth JPY 120,000 intended to cover the initial costs to start a new research stay in Japan.
Eligibility for Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship
- The programme welcomes non-Japanese applicants from all countries from all over the world
- Applicants for the fellowship must hold a PH.D. (Doctorate) degree, or its equivalent at the time of application.
- You must apply and obtain a Letter of Invitation from one of the participating host institutions in Japan.
- Candidates must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time of application.
- You must demonstrate sufficient proficiency in the English Language or Japanese language if you are to be considered.
- Candidates must not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan for long durations.
- You must currently posses employment in your home country and be ready to return back up on completion of the fellowship.
Application of Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship
In order to be considered for the scholarship, you must obtain and invitation / acceptance letter for a fellowship, Research or Project stay at an institution of your Choice in Japan. You are free to choose a host institution which may be a universities, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities in private sector.
Up on recipient of acceptance, you must then download the scholarship application form MIF’s website. The application form must be correctly and fully completed and upon submissions, accompanied with the following documents
- Firstly, You must include a Research Project proposal that you intend to work on during the fellowship
- Secondly, Applicants must include a summary of their most significant publication
- Thirdly, Draft a personal History / Curriculum Vitae detailing the most revealing academic and professional information
- Additionally, Request a letter of recommendation from your employer, to be printed out the company letter head
- Moreover, You must submit certified copies for all the academic certificates/diplomas for all your previous studies. The may include Ph.D., MA/MS/MD, BA/BS
- Lastly, Please remember to include a letter of invitation/ acceptance signed by the professor/scholar-in-charge at the host institution, printed out on the host institution’s letter head.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.