Mitacs Elevate is a postdoctoral fellowship with an exclusive professional development curriculum component. Fellows address complex challenges through:
- A two-year research project with a partner organization in need of high-level expertise
- A professional development curriculum that prepares Elevate fellows for success as leaders in research and industry
Fellows progress through the program in a cohort, giving them cross-disciplinary networking and peer-learning opportunities they might not have otherwise in their careers.
Over the two-year fellowship, fellows divide their time between their partner organization’s project and academic institution-based research with their academic supervisor.
Elevate fellows receive:
- A $55,000 minimum annual stipend/salary
- An exclusive professional development curriculum valued at $4,000 per year
- Proposal assistance, including application feedback, from Mitacs representatives
- Certificate of completion after receipt of their exit survey and final report submission
Mitacs Elevate Fellowship Award Benefits
- $55,000 minimum annual stipend/salary
- Training curriculum valued at $7,500 per year.
- Submission assistance, including application feedback.
- Certificate of completion after receipt of exit survey and final report submission.
Eligibility Required for Mitacs Elevate Fellowship Award
To be eligible for the fellowship, applicants must ensure that they meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be interested in carrying out research in line with the core values of Mitacs.
- Research must be university-based research projects and university-industry research.
- Applicants must possess excellent academic and leadership abilities and must have carried out successful research before now.
- Additionally, Research must be publishable in a peer-reviewed journal or conference.
- Moreover, Research should be appropriate to the level of the intern or fellow.
How to Apply for Mitacs Elevate Fellowship Award:
Applicants for the Mitacs Elevate Fellowship Award for Professionals are to submit the required documents as separate documents (ZIP files are recommended) by email to [email protected] before the application deadline.
- Please download and complete the application form at the official application website
- A memorandum signed by all parties, including the relevant university research office, submitted as a scanned PDF
- Applicant’s CV
- Proposed academic supervisor’s CV
- Three letters of support on letterhead with signature required:
- Firstly, One (1) letter of support from the proposed academic supervisor
- Secondly, One (1) letter of support from a former supervisor or person familiar with the fellow’s research expertise
- Thirdly, One (1) letter of support from an eligible partner organization that includes the amount of the financial contribution
- Any supplementary documents as applicable
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.