Applications are open for the National Humanities Center Residential Fellowships 2023-2024. Each year, the National Humanities Center welcomes up to forty scholars from across the humanities and all over the world.
During their time in residence, Fellows are given the freedom to work on their projects while benefiting from the exceptional services of the Center. The stunning Archie K. Davis building offers private studies, light-filled common areas, and verdant grounds. The Center also provides scholars with exceptional library services, breakfasts, and lunches in the dining area, and administrative support in organizing seminars and study groups.
Stipend from Humanities Center Residential Fellowships
- The stipend amounts awarded are individually determined, according to the needs of the Fellow and the Center’s ability to meet them. The Center seeks to provide half salary with the expectation that the Fellow’s home institution covers the remaining salary. Other grants or institutional support that Fellows will receive during their fellowship may also affect the amount of the Center’s stipend.
Eligibility for Humanities Center Residential Fellowships
- Applicants must have a doctorate or equivalent scholarly credentials.
- Mid-career and senior scholars are encouraged to apply. Emerging scholars with a strong record of peer-reviewed work may also apply. The Center does not support the revision of doctoral dissertations.
- In addition to all fields of the humanities, the Center accepts applications from scholars in the natural and social sciences, the arts, the professions, and public life who are engaged in humanistic projects.
Application of Humanities Center Residential Fellowships
Fellowship applicants are asked to complete the online application form and to upload the following documents:
- 1,000-word project proposal
- short bibliography (up to 2 pages)
- curriculum vitae (up to 4 pages)
- one-page tentative outline of the structure of the project (if the project is a book, provide an outline of chapters; otherwise, give an outline of the components of the project and their progress to date)
Applicants will also be asked to provide names and contact information for three references. References will receive an email prompt inviting them to upload a letter of recommendation on behalf of the applicant. All letters are also due by October 6, 2022.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.