Apply for the OWSD Fellowships for Women Scientists from Science and Technology by the Swedish International Development Agency(SIDA). The main aim of this fellowship programme is empower a new generation of women leaders in STEM (science and technology) and to promote their effective participation in the scientific and technological development of their own communities and countries at large.
This programme aims to achieve the following goals.
- The programme aims to to offer young and talented women graduates an improved access to educational and training opportunities in science and technology.
- It also aims to boost scientific productivity as well as creativity of women scientists.
- The programme wishes to promote and empower a new generation of talented women who will have the ability and capacity to take on new leadership role in science and technology.
- To encourage and offer skills to women scientists , vitals for sustainable development of their own countries.
There are two categories of fellowships offered under this programme
This fellowship programme (Full time) is worth a maximum duration of 4 years, dedicated to women from Science and Technology lagging countries (STLCs). A potential fellow (Woman) must be planning to to undertake a PhD research in selected fields of Information Technology and Engineering in a country in the Global South. Selected candidates will be hosted at a University or institution in another country in the Global South.
Applicants may also choose to take a sandwich fellowship. This fellowship is dedicated to candidates who are registered PhD students in their home countries. This fellowship will enable them undertake parts of their studies at another host institution in another country in the Global South.
Benefits from OWSD Fellowships For STEM
Selected OWSD fellows will receive the following benefits
- You will receive a monthly allowance to help you cover your daily living expenses including accommodation and meals, in your host country
- Fellows will also receive a special allowance intended to facilitate their attendance at international conferences during the fellowship period
- The programme will provide you with a return ticket for your travel from your home country, to your host country.
- All costs related to Visas will be covered by the programme.
- There is an annual contribution for medical insurance coverage.
- All fees including tuition and registration fees charged by the host institution will also be covered by the programme.
Eligibility for OWSD Fellowships For STEM
Below are the requirements you must meet if you with to be considered for the programme
- This programme is dedicated to women who from countries in the Global South who wish to undertake PhD research in fields of Engineering and Technology.
- Applicants must have a minim of a Master’s degree qualification in one of the eligible fields, if they wish to apply.
- Your preferred host Institution must be located in another country (other than your home country) in the Global South
Application of OWSD Fellowships For STEM
Applications for the fellowship programme are submitted online using the online application portal provided. Candidates must choose up to 3 potential and preferred host institutions (from countries other than their home countries) where they wish to undertake the fellowship. A list of recommended host institutions is available on the programme website.
To complete you application, you will be required to submit a list of supporting documents, in English. Documents which are not issued in English must be accompanied with a translation. Here below is a list of required documents
- Firstly, A PhD research proposal outline summarizing your potential PhD research project proposal
- Secondly, Degree certificates and transcripts and grade scripts showing your academic history
- Submit a recent Curriculum Vitae including your publications if any
- Preliminary acceptance letter from a potential host institution. A sample is available on the programme website
- Letter of commitment from a potential supervisor indicating the willingness and the availability of recourses by the host institution required to undertake the programme
- Request 2 reference letters from supervisors or persons who can speak on your achievements and potential
- Passport indicating your citizenship
For applicants of the sandwich fellowship programme
- Include a registration and No objection certificate from your home institution confirming that you are a registered PhD student
- A Supporting statement from your current home supervisor indicating that they are willing to support you undertake this fellowship at your host institution.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.