Oxford Reuters Institution Journalist Fellowship Programme 2024/2025 (Fully Funded )
2024 Journalist Fellowship Programme at the Reuters Institute is one of the world’s leading schemes for practising, mid-career journalists to take some time out from their day jobs to explore journalism in depth. The majority of our Journalist Fellows are fully-funded and they also receive a stipend to cover living and travel costs.
Through personal research, seminars, networking events and discussions with your peers, you will further your understanding of journalism, the news industry and your place in it. While you are in Oxford, you will work on a project that will be of direct impact to you, your career, your newsroom and the wider media industry, bringing in what you learn during your time in the fellowship. This is a programme for working journalists and editors who will return to journalism after spending a few months with the Institute.
Check: UN – Nippon Foundation Strategic Needs Fellowship Programme
Programme Details for Journalist Fellowship Programme 2024
They accept around 30 Journalist Fellows from around the world each year, each of whom bring fascinating insights and a wealth of experience to the institute. Here’s what is unique about our programme:
- You will be embedded in a cutting-edge institution that is shaping key media debates. The Reuters Institute produces factsheets and reports on the main challenges of the industry.
- You will be part of an institution with a global outlook. Our Journalist Fellows come from all over the world. They share ideas and experiences of working in different countries and different mediums.
- You will be part of one of the world’s greatest universities. Oxford offers unrivalled study facilities, leading research centres, extensive learning support and a global reputation.
- You will be just one hour from London by train, providing convenient access to some of the world’s leading news publishers like The Guardian, the Financial Times and the BBC.
Also Check: MIT Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Engineering Excellence
- Most journalists on the programme are fully funded. Successful applicants get their fees covered and receive a monthly stipend of £2,000, which will be enough to cover the cost of accommodation, food, and general living expenses. We will also cover the cost of travel to and from the UK and any visa costs. Fellows should refrain from professional work during the fellowship.
Eligibility of Journalist Fellowship Programme 2024
- Open Journalist Fellowships are open to journalists from all over the world, including Europe, Africa, the Asia-Pacific region, North America, and Latin America.
- You must have a minimum of five years’ journalistic experience, or in rare cases demonstrate the equivalent level of expertise. Freelancing is not a barrier to application, but we do not accept applications from those working in public affairs, public relations or corporate communications.
- English language proficiency is not tested, but you will be able to understand and join in discussions in English.
Also Check: 2024- 2025 (Fully Funded) Eisenhower Global Scholar Program