Post-Baccalaureate Fellowship Creative Writing at English Department Barnard College in the United States of America. English Department announces a Post Baccalaureate Fellowship program, a learning and career development opportunity for graduating seniors. The Post Baccalaureate Fellowship is a one-year program (with the possibility of renewal) consisting of various placements that allow for the development of professional career skills, on-going technical and workplace learning, and an opportunity to apply subject matter expertise to new technologies, digital scholarship, creative writing, etc.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Creative Writing, the Fellow participates in the daily operations of the Creative Writing Program. In addition to ongoing assignments, the fellow will coordinate activities with other departments and programs, communicate with students and faculty, and organize contests, readings and assist with the programming of Barnard Women Poets.
Candidates on this Post-Baccalaureate Fellowship at Barnard College will do the following duties
- Coordinate writing samples for course admissions and the Creative Writing concentration.
- Collect and distribute students writing samples to creative writing instructors for evaluation and selection. Communicate instructors’ decisions to students and department administrators.
- Act as a resource for students. Create programming and oversee projects for Creative Writing Concentrators. Host creative writing office hours. Communicate appropriate course selections, writing samples and requirements.
- Correspond with prospective students about the Creative Writing Program and the Creative Writing concentration. Respond to inquiries and provide information regarding the program and the application process.
- Assist the Directors of Creative Writing and Barnard Women Poets in organizing the student writing contests and the Barnard Women Poets book prize. Communicate with students regarding submissions for the student writing prizes; collect, organize and distribute materials to judges; and work with the Dean of Studies office to announce award winners.
- Communicate with poets wishing to submit to the Barnard Women Poets Prize; collect and organize a database of submissions; verify the eligibility of applicants; work on publicity and marketing of the contest.
- Assist Directors of the Creative Writing Program and Barnard Women Poets in organizing the readings done by faculty, students and outside speakers.
- Direct and produce the annual chapbook of Creative Writing concentrators’ selected work.
- Establish alumnae relations by communicating about programming and responding to requests for information.
- Create and maintain a Creative Writing Program website and social media platforms.
- Communicate with creative writing instructors regarding program standards, departmental guidelines, syllabi, and other administrative and pedagogical issues.
- Undertake relevant administrative and budgetary matters as assigned by the English Department Administrator.
- Bachelors’ degree from Barnard College or Columbia University; preference is given to alumnae of Barnard’s Creative Writing Program.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of applications including Word & Excel; willingness & capacity
to learn software for data and website management.
- Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to multitask.
- Exercises tact, sensitivity and judgment in dealing with students, faculty, alumnae and coworkers.
- Understands priorities and exercises good judgment; ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Values creativity and innovative problem-solving.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here