The Hagan Scholarship is a nationwide need-based merit scholarship designed to help rural students graduate college debt-free.
Up to $68,000 over four years. See below.
- Hagan Scholarship: Up to $48,000
- Additional Benefits:
- First Year: $1,000 to purchase essential items for college
- Second Year: $1,000 to establish a personal brokerage account
- Third Year: Up to $8,000 to Study/Travel abroad, or to study abroad for one semester.
- Fourth Year: Up to $10,000 in earnings from managing the HSF brokerage account.
- is a U.S. Citizen.
- attend an Eligible Public High School.
- Also, have achieved a 3.50 Cumulative Grade Point Average.
- rank in the top 20% of the high school graduating class.
- enroll at an Eligible Four-Year College or University the first semester following high school graduation.
- maintain a four-year or less graduation schedule in college.
- work 240 hours during the twelve months prior to fall semester college enrollment.
- provide the FAFSA SAR showing the EFC.
- apply for Federal and State grants if eligible.
- Moreover, must not have a felony conviction.
2022-2023 Application Timeline
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2022.
- Applications are reviewed for eligibility as well as compliance with the instructions.
- Applicants are notified of their status.
- Finalists provide supplemental information.
- Scholarships awarded in March 2023.