Applications are open for the TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Fellowship Program 2022. The Civic Changemakers Fellowship Programme is a civic innovation and governance training aimed at empowering community champions who are working or have the ambition to work on solving civic and governance challenges.
Every year, TransparencIT selects and invites ten (10) active community champions to develop and scale solutions for disrupting civic participation and improving governance and social justice in their communities. For three (3) months, the Changemakers learn through engagement, training, group work and networking to advance their activities and projects.
The sole objective of the programme is to make a difference in the lives of our communities by developing the combination of knowledge, skills, values, and motivation of the changemakers to foster and implement citizens driven solutions.
Benefits from Civic Changemakers Fellowship Program
The emerging changemakers will:
- Take part in interactions with global experts on equity and social justice.
- Receive professional development, mentoring, and networking opportunities in addition to peer group learning.
- Receive support to build and advance solutions around governance challenges and customized programming from TransparencIT and affiliate partners.
- Learn how to adopt technology in advocacy and leverage it to improve governance.
Eligibility for Civic Changemakers Fellowship Program
The programme is open to emerging changemakers who are:
- Between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of application.
- Citizens and residents of Nigeria at the time of the programme.
- Passionate about solving social justice and governance challenges in their communities.
- Available to attend both online and onsite activities of the programme.
- Proficient in speaking, reading, writing and understanding the English language.
- Women and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Selection Criteria of Civic Changemakers Fellowship Program
The emerging changemakers will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to community service or volunteerism on issues of inequality and social justice.
- Demonstrated interest in developing leadership capacities and civic solutions.
- Ability to work with diverse groups cooperatively.
- Strong social and problem-solving skills.
Application of Civic Changemakers Fellowship Program
To apply for the Changemakers Programme, complete and submit the application form by June 30. The application requires that you write short essays on the inequality and social justice issues you are addressing.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.